Jumping ahead to the UGA game hope we repeat 2004 game

Sunshine pumpers: negavols are so unrealistic. They expect too much and that's why we keep going thru coaches!
Also sunshine pumpers:

It's funny how some people flip, flop. Before the season if you thought 6-6 would be a good year, you were a nega. Now it exceeds all expectations and people deserve raises.

Reactions: Other_Guy
Probably already laid that egg against KY. Only team they allowed to score two TDs. Not sure we can score on them.

UT will score on UGA and likely 3 or 4 TDs. The obstacle in pulling off the upset is similar to Bama and that will be sustaining drives. If UT only possesses the ball for 19 minutes vs UGA, the UT D will be beat to death by the middle of the 3rd quarter. Running an offensive play every 10 seconds puts enormous pressure on both defenses.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
Based on passed history and I’ve seen a ton of games live 90% of the time a team expected to win to have an actual shot at a national championship seems to always fizzle out play their worse game UGA vs Vols. What I see is compared to the Bama game is us the advantage of the home crowd thus less or no false starts and pushing on the gas in the last quarter instead of letting off. Vols win by 3-7 Georgia arrived with high expectations but leaves falling short once again . 1980 last national championship for Georgia. Vols 1998. Unless Herschel Walker comes out of retirement.

I used the term untested and I probably shouldn’t have said that. They’ve played 2 currently ranked teams.

I then said this:

“ I just don’t think they’ve beaten anyone that’s very good”

I stand by that. I don’t think they’ve beaten anyone that’s very good . They’ve beaten those teams badly though. I didn’t say that they weren’t good, I complimented their defense, but I don’t think they’ve played anyone who has a good/great offense. I said that our schedule is tougher and I backed it up with the teams we played. You conveniently keep deflecting from that part of the argument and you didn’t answer the question I asked you of whose schedule you would rather play. You’d prefer to say that some formula has them as the #2 SOS.

I’ll tell you what, I’ll take my L like a man when you can give me a competent argument of how their schedule is tougher than ours and why you’d rather play Pitt, Ole Miss and Bama instead of Clemson, Arkansas and Auburn. Leave out the part where you say it’s because a formula told you so.

I'm not here to drag UT's schedule down, our SOS is ranked #15 nationally, which is pretty good, but look at it like this: UGA is 7-0 against a schedule that includes only 1 team with a losing record (whom they beat 62-0). we've played 3 teams with losing records (3 of our 4 wins, the other is over .500 USCjr.). They haven't played anyone with a great offense? Arkansas is 18th in total offense and UGA shut them out (we are # 23 in total offense), Auburn is # 30. Arkansas's only losses are to Ole Miss @ Ole Miss by 1 point, and to Auburn. UGA beat Auburn 34-10 at Auburn. Auburn's only loss is @ Penn State before Penn State's QB got hurt. UGA's also beat 6-1 Kentucky, Kentucky's only loss obviously is to UGA. All together, UGA's opponents have a 31-15 record against teams not named UGA, that's pretty good also, and you are going to continue to look pretty dumb the longer you stick to an argument whereby you are basically trying to trash the schedule of the team with the # 2 ranked SOS nationally. If the team with the # 2 SOS hasn't beaten anyone good, I guess no one has.

Last edited:
Then ainge went rogue in 05 til cutcliffe saved him in 06 and r Clausen with no arm let me rephrase that Fulmer thinking he was Spurrier with two qb system after the rally in death valley

I mean Menachem who didn't get known til his phenomenonal 06 season it was swain and Smith and hannon

I'm not here to drag UT's schedule down, our SOS is ranked #15 nationally, which is pretty good, but look at it like this: UGA is 7-0 against a schedule that includes only 1 team with a losing record (whom they beat 62-0). we've played 3 teams with losing records (3 of our 4 wins, the other is over .500 USCjr.). They haven't played anyone with a great offense? Arkansas is 18th in total offense and UGA shut them out (we are # 23 in total offense), Auburn is # 30. Arkansas's only losses are to Ole Miss @ Ole Miss by 1 point, and to Auburn. UGA beat Auburn 34-10 at Auburn. Auburn's only loss is @ Penn State before Penn State's QB got hurt. UGA's also beat 6-1 Kentucky, Kentucky's only loss obviously is to UGA. All together, UGA's opponents have a 31-15 record against teams not named UGA, that's pretty good also, and you are going to continue to look pretty dumb the longer you stick to an argument whereby you are basically trying to trash the schedule of the team with the # 2 ranked SOS nationally. If the team with the # 2 SOS hasn't beaten anyone good, I guess no one has.
Ok man. I’m not gonna go in circles with you. I don’t really have time to figure out that UAB is probably a better win than Tennessee Tech or Bowling Green. My argument was based on similar opponents, and I never really trashed UGA’s schedule. I just said that the teams they’ve beaten were good, not very good, and also that only 2 were currently ranked.

And FTR you still never addressed whether you’d rather have our schedule or Georgia’s.

I love how everyone lives in the past....... The OL hasn't seen a DL like the dawgs. I have said that this will be a 2 quarter game then Tn will fold. There just isn't enough depth and Ga just pounds you from the beginning.

The mighty Georgia struggle struggle today against Florida as I thought they would.

Georgia will struggle agaisnt our defense. We shut down the run, especially up the middle. They don't have near the athletes as Bama at reciever or the QB play.
On first and second down yes… on third we’ll allow Stetson to scramble for first downs. We haven’t stopped that yet.

If our offense doesn’t give Georgia short fields like the Gators did today (and a pick 6) our D can keep it a low scoring game. If it’s close in the 4th quarter anything can happen. Loved watching Michigan State win in the 4th quarter today.

If our offense doesn’t give Georgia short fields like the Gators did today (and a pick 6) our D can keep it a low scoring game. If it’s close in the 4th quarter anything can happen. Loved watching Michigan State win in the 4th quarter today.
Agree. Also, for whatever reason we kept running on 1st and 2nd down getting us behind the sticks too often. We have to mix the playcalling up more against that defense on 1st and 2nd downs.

Just what everybody said about Bama. Yes the Score didn't show it. But TN Looked way better on the field than what that scoreboard showed. Took bama into start of 4th only down a TD. The Same can happen against GA!
Alabama beat us by more than 25. Georgia will beat us by at least that,

VN Store

Back