Julio Borbon Injury.

Perry Parris

Evidently, Julio injured his ankle in practice yesterday. With the season a mere 2 weeks off, I hope it isn't something too severe.

The way our luck has been the last few days, I'm a little worried.

PP

Crap, Perry. That's not good. Be sure to let us know if you hear anything.

Whats that pitching staff looking like this year?

I'm not up to date on my Vols baseball. I know we have that nasty lefty, and is Craig Cobb still around?

I faced Cobb when he was at Farragut. He really doesn't have anything overpowering but he hits his spots nicely.

Cobb reminds me of a Greg Maddux type. He doesn't have great stuff but is a competitor. We have Gred Adkins back along with Josh Lindbloom.

Freak - I think you meant James Adkins. Greg's got his hands full enough without worrying about throwing cuvreballs.

Don't forget that Josh Lindblom transferred to Purdue.

Adkins and Cobb will be the 1-2 punch. After that, it's a little bit of the unknown. Aaron Everett got quite of bit of work later in the year, while Ryne Simpson and Danny Wiltz got some time early last year. I'd expect some newcomers will get a chance to contribute quickly. I'm really intrigued by McClain, who had nice numbers @ Walters State last year. I don't know how much Jeff Lockwood will pitch, but it appears he will be part of a mostly homegrown infield as a regular 1B.

Andy Simunic appears to be a nice addition. Looks like he will start in LF. I am also excited about Chad Maddox and his pop; I expect he will DH quite a bit.

Can't wait! Go BaseVOLS!

Freak - I think you meant James Adkins. Greg's got his hands full enough without worrying about throwing cuvreballs.

Adkins and Cobb will be the 1-2 punch. After that, it's a little bit of the unknown. Aaron Everett got quite of bit of work later in the year, while Ryne Simpson and Danny Wiltz got some time early last year. I'd expect some newcomers will get a chance to contribute quickly. I'm really intrigued by McClain, who had nice numbers @ Walters State last year. I don't know how much Jeff Lockwood will pitch, but it appears he will be part of a mostly homegrown infield as a regular 1B.

Andy Simunic appears to be a nice addition. Looks like he will start in LF. I am also excited about Chad Maddox and his pop; I expect he will DH quite a bit.

Can't wait! Go BaseVOLS!

I saw Lance pitch a lot last year. I think he might have lost once or twice at the most as WS won the JUCO world series. He has a pretty good curveball and can eat up a lot of innings

Can't wait! Go BaseVOLS!
You can see I am really up on my baseball. I don't know why I always want to call James, Greg. :lol: That would be a funny sight.

I had no idea that Lindbloom transferred to Purdue. Or if I did, I forgot. That's why we need you around to post more.

Hopefully, you can keep me up do date at the games so I can at least "sound" like I know what I'm talking about. :lol: I'm looking forward to opening day.

Julio is out of his cast and should be back in 2 and a half -3 weeks. This is straight from Julio's mouth

That's good to hear. We struggled without him. I hope we get on track this weekend.

VN Store

Back