‘23 JUCO WR Malik Benson (Alabama commit)

a kid going to UGA as a JUCO WR makes no sense. You should want to maximize the time you have and be as productive as possible. Unless you're a 5 star TE or RB i dont get wanting to go there & catch 15 passes a yr in UGAs offense.
Well 1)Kirby is FOS and overrated still imo but dude could sell firewood in the depths of hell.
2)Some JUCO kids aren’t exactly brilliant in making sound life choices.

Still think it’s Bama here. Which honestly makes sense bc they get WR to the league.

Every player we miss on is going to Bama, Clemson, UGA. I hate it but they all have rings In the past 5 years. I will panic when we start losing players to UCF or Boston College. We will have a good class and if we follow through this season with som W’s we will pick up more and have some flip to us. Although the selfish side of me wants at least a couple more big names before the season and all of them recruit for us.

This is a multi year rebuild of a historic program. We need to see consistent winning before we can expect to see lots of top 100 players commit to our beloved Vols. Yes we should expect to get a few here and there like we have this year, but we still have several years to go before we can be mentioned in the likes of Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, and even Ohio State in having a top 5 class and picking up most of the guys we want. Let’s enjoy the season and kick some a$$ this year and hopefully recruit even better year after year.

Every player we miss on is going to Bama, Clemson, UGA. I hate it but they all have rings In the past 5 years. I will panic when we start losing players to UCF or Boston College. We will have a good class and if we follow through this season with som W’s we will pick up more and have some flip to us. Although the selfish side of me wants at least a couple more big names before the season and all of them recruit for us.

Cannot overstate this.

Dang. He went from calling us his leader to being gone in less than a week. If so hope coaches can convince him to postpone his commitment and give us a chance.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
No surprise here. Been trending this way for 2 weeks. Still a bit shocked we haven't gotten a true WR stud committed to this class yet. Still plenty of time though, and several intriguing options.
I wonder if Popes inexperience is being used against him. If our passing attack is as good or better than last year I think we will sign some great receivers in this class.

I wonder if Popes inexperience is being used against him. If our passing attack is as good or better than last year I think we will sign some great receivers in this class.

The last 2 big time receivers we were in on are going to OSU and Bama.

Not gonna win many of those battles currently.

I hope we do to, but not currently seeing it... we are cold on all higher tier WR recruits right now for some reason...

Reactions: Smokey19rt
It has nothing to do with Pope. I would guess the kid likes his chances of being one and done (and potentially a 1st round pick) at Bama.

I hope we do to, but not currently seeing it... we are cold on all higher tier WR recruits right now for some reason...
WRs pop up more throughout the year than most other positions. Also in the world of transfers it's easier to replace talent. We need Tillman to have another 1000 yard season and hopefully McCoy can finally play to his potential and we will sell some high caliber athletes on wanting to play here.

Dang. He went from calling us his leader to being gone in less than a week. If so hope coaches can convince him to postpone his commitment and give us a chance.
I don’t think we were ever the leader for this one despite what he said. He’s going to Bama. We’re not even second at this point.

VN Store

Back