‘23 JUCO WR Malik Benson (Alabama commit)

Each one of the top WRs is about context. The only one I feel like we should have won so far is Kasper that went to Oregon. Tate, Rogers and Benson (if he goes) choosing Ohio St and AL over UT us understandable. All high scoring offenses and they have had more recent success. If you lose Mizell (sp) then that’s also understandable. He’s a double FL legacy and that’s his dream school.

Each one of the top WRs is about context. The only one I feel like we should have won so far is Kasper that went to Oregon. Tate, Rogers and Benson (if he goes) choosing Ohio St and AL over UT us understandable. All high scoring offenses and they have had more recent success. If you lose Mizell (sp) then that’s also understandable. He’s a double FL legacy and that’s his dream school.
i'm ok wiht Kasper. we made our pitch, it was clearly our best pitch. he got better at Oregon. juice wasn't worth the squeeze, apparently. and i'm ok with that. you literally can't get in a bidding war over everyone. plus i think we were in it deep with Tate at that point, noah rogers and mizell still on the boards....so at that point in time, why push all your chips in the middle on what was, at the time anyway, a really deep WR board. and it still is, just not quite as much at the top. plus, if we did and he came here, he has "portal" written all over him, imo.

i'm ok wiht Kasper. we made our pitch, it was clearly our best pitch. he got better at Oregon. juice wasn't worth the squeeze, apparently. and i'm ok with that. you literally can't get in a bidding war over everyone. plus i think we were in it deep with Tate at that point, noah rogers and mizell still on the boards....so at that point in time, why push all your chips in the middle on what was, at the time anyway, a really deep WR board. and it still is, just not quite as much at the top. plus, if we did and he came here, he has "portal" written all over him, imo.
Well that's just a terrible tattoo.

Why any WR with any sense at all wouldn’t kill to play in this offense, I have no clue…
If I were a WR, I'd like to play in this offense. Would be fun. But to answer your question, route tree. I had heard we don't implement a route tree/system that is the 100% most effective for NFL development. Someone with more football knowledge want to confirm or deny this?

Reactions: BigSteve09
If I were a WR, I'd like to play in this offense. Would be fun. But to answer your question, route tree. I had heard we don't implement a route tree/system that is the 100% most effective for NFL development. Someone with more football knowledge want to confirm or deny this?
i've heard that before too. not sure how true it is with this iteration, but i'd suspect it's discussed with WR's that are being recruited here. of course, it's hard to over rate production though.

tenor.gif

At least not until he actually announces Bama.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Going to hate facing this guy. Can't really blame a juco for going to Bama that's good enough since they won't be in college long

It's true that you run a limited route tree at each position, but if you've cross trained at each WR spot during your time here, you will be very proficient. One of Heupel's former receivers went ham in the NFL playoffs last year, and Velus was one of the best route runners at the Senior Bowl. You are also able to process what a defense is doing much faster from playing in this offense.

I hope we do to, but not currently seeing it... we are cold on all higher tier WR recruits right now for some reason...
A lot of people on this site just don’t understand that getting a 3 star and developing him over a couple of years just isn’t the same as getting an elite WR out of high school that can make an immediate impact in his first season like Justin Hunter and Da’Rick were for us

The problem apparently with Kasper was that we made Tate a far bigger offer than we did with him, and he wanted more than what we offered. Then we lose Tate and Benson. I’d be willing to bet the staff wishes they could do that one over again

VN Store

Back