'19 JUCO WR Javonta Payton (Tennessee commit)

Season opener he had 6 grabs for 122 yards vs LSU. Yet only had 100 the rest of the season.

Really fast and athletic but his hands seem a bit suspect. Route running needs work.

Yeah, I say take him!

Def never should have been the choice over Payton. I thought media was talking up Means in practices at one point until he got moved to DB then he got mad
They probably were, but the media talked up a lot of things that hasn't come true over the last 10 years of Tennessee football.

I admittedly didn’t follow Miss St closely last year, but figured he would’ve done really well in Leach’s offense. Anybody have any insights there?

I admittedly didn’t follow Miss St closely last year, but figured he would’ve done really well in Leach’s offense. Anybody have any insights there?
I'm pretty sure he never made it to MSU. I don't think he had the grade so had to go juco. Could be wrong though

Played limited snaps because of injury I think. Plus they still had a terrible QB situation outside of the first game.

I wonder if someone like Wideman heads elsewhere or gives it a full year. It just seems like there is a healthy number of receivers. Perhaps another receiver is considering leaving as well. Payton tore LSU up in that first game.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back