'22 JUCO S Marquise Gilbert (Auburn commit)

Pretty sure that’s a typo. Pretty sure he projects as safety.

I’ve seen him listed at both positions, so it’s probably not a typo, but you’re right, UT is recruiting him as a safety. Reminds me a little of Deon Grant…an athletic Safety who can slide to CB if needed.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
I’ve seen him listed at both positions, so it’s probably not a typo, but you’re right, UT is recruiting him as a safety. Reminds me a little of Deon Grant…an athletic Safety who can slide to CB if needed.
I like his instincts more than anything seems to always be around the ball. Which I like. Actually breaks on the ball too. Something our current safeties don’t do.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I like his instincts more than anything seems to always be around the ball. Which I like. Actually breaks on the ball too. Something our current safeties don’t do.

Agree. I’d actually love to see McCollough put on 15 lbs and move to LB. His skill set seem to fit better there. Maybe landing Gilbert, along with the development of Charles (who I love) will allow that.

If Harsin (sp!!) at Auburn leaves for the west coast which many believe that would help us with a number of prospects including Gilbert

Reactions: Megatron88
If Harsin (sp!!) at Auburn leaves for the west coast which many believe that would help us with a number of prospects including Gilbert

I never saw him as a fit at Auburn. With that said, if he’s an anti-vaxer the left coast isn’t an ideal landing spot.

I never saw him as a fit at Auburn. With that said, if he’s an anti-vaxer the left coast isn’t an ideal landing spot.

He was a surprising hire. Not just coming from Boise, but he had no prior ties to the South. I know it worked for Meyer at Florida, but it’s unusual.

VN Store

Back