'22 JUCO S Marquise Gilbert (Auburn commit)

If I had to guess Tank doesn’t start next year. He is just too slow. Him and Flowers are a liability in pass coverage. You can’t tell me our staff doesn’t see that.
Yeah I agree Tank probably doesn’t start next year except for in certain run sets. Just stuck between being too slow for safety and too small for linebacker.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Yeah I agree Tank probably doesn’t start next year except for in certain run sets. Just stuck between being too slow for safety and too small for linebacker.
Tank is good in run and in short field formations. I almost think he could add 10-15 good pounds and play some pretty good linebacker for us. He is just to slow in big pass coverage situations. But he will pop you and plays real good in run support. GBO!

Tank at the college level is like Landon Collins at the NFL level. Too slow to play safety, so just add some weight and play linebacker is certain sets.

Reactions: volnut1
Sure doesn’t seem like it. Big reason why they are tied for #2 with Bama, and behind only Florida on my $&¡7 list.

I actually don’t mind Auburn. We don’t play them every year and they are a thorn in the side to the Bammers.

Reactions: Rylee_Vol18
Last Friday, the 6-foot-2, 180-pound prospect announced his top-three of Tennessee, Florida State and Auburn.

And on Tuesday, Josh Heupel made his way to campus to chat with Gilbert. He was accompanied by Tim Banks, Willie Martinez and Alex Golesh.
-VQ
“It was good just to catch up with those guys following my official visit to see if I had any further questions or concerns. It was a great time to sit down and talk with them,” the target said of the in-person meeting. “They were just showing me the opportunity I could have and the vision they have for a guy coming in like me.”
“They love my range and size and know what I can bring to a defense,” the prospect said of the Vols. “When you recruit a JUCO guy, they want to get you on the field as soon as possible. It’s just a matter of me going in and earning it.”
“I just want to go ahead and get it done before Signing Day,” Gilbert said of his decision coming Monday. “I would be comfortable at Tennessee because I think it’s a good fit. There are great people there like coach Martinez, who is really a genuine guy.
“I don’t really need to know anything else about Tennessee.”

VQ said he is trending towards Auburn and FSU is trending up in his recruitment. Unfortunately, I don't think he ends up here. But if Auburn gets Gilbert, that should put us in a better position with Keionte Scott

Did VQ say this before or after Heupel & Co’s Tuesday night visit with him?

VN Store

Back