'21 JUCO RB Tiyon Evans

Just a kid not willing to admit it’s his fault because of piss poor effort in class
I just heard that he is on schedule academically.
I think this is as one poster wrote just a case of immaturity. Not sure if he has burned bridges with our staff, but he is talented

This is what the portal creates with NIL in many cases - mercenaries. Whoever has the biggest need and most money gets the player. Being a juco before he arrived at UT there was no long term loyalty built for the program and his teammates.

Reactions: norcalvol
I think this is as one poster wrote just a case of immaturity. Not sure if he has burned bridges with our staff, but he is talented
@volbeast33 {correct me if I’m giving wrong info} had heard that it wasn’t necessarily lack of academics but if I remember correctly he would not come to practices because he was upset at his Playing time / injury (called him a pre-Madonna) yet he was injured most of the time…. So…. Yeah

Dunno how he expects a fan base to be on board with his decision when they all supported him and he left the team because he couldn’t do what the staff asked of him. You aren’t going to play on any SEC team if you don’t want to come to practice. Sorry.

Reactions: yourstruly23
My person stated he was a huge diva and Juan’s noted that he was a locker room issue but not sure what all that means.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Kid was talented. Let's just agree on that and move on, he wanted easy way out it seems.
Definitely talented but obviously an idiot. Had a straight shot to the NFL if he just kept working and kept his attitude out of it. Now he doesn’t have that straight shot.

Obviously needs to think about the consequences of his actions if he wants to do what is best for his family.

Reactions: Vol Main
Complicated situation - hopefully he figures it out wherever he lands. Hate to see so much talent go to waste.

Reactions: peaygolf
@volbeast33 {correct me if I’m giving wrong info} had heard that it wasn’t necessarily lack of academics but if I remember correctly he would not come to practices because he was upset at his Playing time / injury (called him a pre-Madonna) yet he was injured most of the time…. So…. Yeah

Dunno how he expects a fan base to be on board with his decision when they all supported him and he left the team because he couldn’t do what the staff asked of him. You aren’t going to play on any SEC team if you don’t want to come to practice. Sorry.
I’m not for sure that he refused to practice but he wasn’t practicing…. He acted like a huge diva and my person doesn’t think staff hated to lose him.

I’m not for sure that he refused to practice but he wasn’t practicing…. He acted like a huge diva and my person doesn’t think staff hated to lose him.
As I posted above, this was a complicated situation. Not a single reason for him leaving. From what I have heard you are correct. staff is not upset about losing him.

I mean outside of a possible touchdown or two more on the season we could of got, Wright developed a lot in Evans absence and posted similar numbers as Evans.

Thanks to that Wright is ahead of the curve for next year. Kid started running down hill. He breaks just one more tackle on a few of his runs he had to end the season and he turns them into 6 points.

Definitely talented but obviously an idiot. Had a straight shot to the NFL if he just kept working and kept his attitude out of it. Now he doesn’t have that straight shot.

Obviously needs to think about the consequences of his actions if he wants to do what is best for his family.

He won’t make it past the NFL interview and they will want an honest take from our staff.

Yeah, and had only 33 more carries in 3 more games. Evans is either dumb or thought he could go one and done and figured out he couldn't. Evans couldn't "go" in pretty much every important game while his counterpart was just as banged up.
Yeah the dude is going to Louisville to do what we could do just as easily and more impressively here.

If you're not a fit for Heupels culture then you might just be an idiot

This is what the portal creates with NIL in many cases - mercenaries. Whoever has the biggest need and most money gets the player. Being a juco before he arrived at UT there was no long term loyalty built for the program and his teammates.
Ehhhh the coaches have been mercenaries for well over a decade.
What’s good for the goose is good for the gander

Ehhhh the coaches have been mercenaries for well over a decade.
What’s good for the goose is good for the gander
So mercenary coaches and mercenary players are going to ruin college football? That’s what I thought.

I think we’re going to see the best college sports on field product in the upcoming years.
Expanded playoffs will bring more parity to the sport IMO.

I do think we need to do something with coaches contracts to slow some of this bouncing around down.

Idk if anyone has mentioned this but the kid had a couple of NIL meetings lined up and no showed them. He’s talented for sure, his academics are awful, will be surprised if he’s not in JUCO or out of football entirely next year.

He can say what he wants but if he was on track academically and healthy there’s a good chance he starts here. I wish him the best of luck though. People forget these are young dumb kids making dumb decisions, no reason to wish ill will upon an idiot; they already have the deck stacked against them in life.

VN Store

Back