'21 JUCO RB Tiyon Evans

When is the last time UT had a RB rush for more than 170 yards against any Auburn team? I can't think of one. We ultimately lost the game but the guy brings it. He is our best playmaker and one of the few bright spots on this team.
Gerald Riggs Jr did...16 years ago

Reactions: ArdentVol
people still bitched about play calling
Auburn had a good defense that year. Us and them were actually the best two teams in the SEC. Better coaching/play calling and we might have won that game. The whooped us pretty bad in Neyland earlier that year. Had to just contain Cadillac and Ronnie Brown. Man that seemed like it was so long ago.

Auburn had a good defense that year. Us and them were actually the best two teams in the SEC. Better coaching/play calling and we might have won that game. The whooped us pretty bad in Neyland earlier that year. Had to just contain Cadillac and Ronnie Brown. Man that seemed like it was so long ago.
I recall seeing them in Neyland, before the Bama run. Auburn's lbers looked like our DE's. their Safeties like our LBers. And so fast.

Reactions: MemphisVol3
Def needs work in pass pro.

No idea why people complain about his ability to break tackles. It’s like y’all think Derek Henry’s out here just growing on trees.

I guess you’d rather just have a slower, less deceptive back who breaks more tackles?
I agree with your point of view also another way to look at is bama backs and fast and quick and break alot of show string tackles

You mean the #2 overall recruit (and #1 RB) in the country in 2017 who is now a Sr in college is able to break more tackles and is better in pass pro than other RBs?

They been doing that for years no matter who they put back there. So has uga and others. I like way small ran tonight. Dude runs with attitude. Gray does at times.

Vols need a big back who can break a tackle every now and then. Beckwith ran with some needed power but you wonder about a 6'5" tailback.

I mean...Henry is 6’3 250. He was 6’3 240 in HS and already dominated in 8th grade as a rb. Dee is 6’5 220, and was a 3 star b-ball player out of HS. Dude absolutely needs to be a tight end. Literally all Bailey would need to do is lob it to this gigantic 6’5 kid who can jump 3 feet in the air in the red zone

I mean...Henry is 6’3 250. He was 6’3 240 in HS and already dominated in 8th grade as a rb. Dee is 6’5 220, and was a 3 star b-ball player out of HS. Dude absolutely needs to be a tight end. Literally all Bailey would need to do is lob it to this gigantic 6’5 kid who can jump 3 feet in the air in the red zone

With his athleticism, there are several positions he could play effectively.

Move him around. Give it to him out of the backfield; line him up at TE, Hback; motion him in and out of backfield...all kinds of things to do with him.
You would think coaches getting paid millions could think outside the box when it comes to getting athletes touches and the ball in space.

That’s true. But given who we have at running back and WR, and who we don’t have at TE, he would see PT there the fastest
Given who we have---he could improve any of the three---- backs are too small(including the juco) wideouts have yet to show ability to get separation in SEC----tight ends invisible

VN Store

Back