'21 JUCO RB Tiyon Evans

Reactions: Crazy Ivan
Not imo, sounds like Evans listened to his mom and decided to look around/decommit and UT said, well, if u do that, we may not have a place for u, if decide to recommit in 2 months
That's the way I read it. Once he decommitted the coaches told him that scholly might not be there for him if he decides to come back.

The part about not being sure if his scholarship might go somewhere else.... And sounded like he was upset enough to decommit on Twitter without telling the coaches. Ouch

Agree. That sounds like he was told there is a numbers crunch right now.

"but if things go wrong and the scholarship for me ends up going somewhere else"

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Not imo, sounds like Evans listened to his mom and decided to look around/decommit and UT said, well, if u do that, we may not have a place for u, if decide to recommit in 2 months

Yes. Sounds like his decision to reopen and possibly stay closer to home was swayed by having a son on the way too. Can't blame him if that's the case.

If he had a spot reserved, has now decided to 'stall' and loses his spot, then he has nobody but himself to blame..

Imagine telling an employer who has just made a commitment to hire you, to hold the job for a bit while I see if I can't find a better job.......

If you're going to play it that way, don't be surprised if it ends up not going your way.

Tennessee was caught off guard by the news on Saturday night but quickly found Evans on the phone for multiple phone calls. Evans claimed to have no real reason for the de-commitment and while many have pegged him for South Carolina he has insisted that isn’t the case. We have spoken to people in South Carolina and they back up the notion that there doesn’t seem to be much traction between the Gamecocks and Evans.
So what does it all mean? Clearly he has heard something from someone to give him pause but he has spoken with Jay Graham, Joe and Pruitt throughout the week and we feel like Tennessee could get him back down the road. The Vols really like his game and they are playing the long game in this one.
-Vq

Pure speculation. You have a tendency to state your opinion as fact. Frankly, you're starting to sound very much like D4H. Evans may in fact be a dynamic back. Or he could end up a bust. Truth is, we don't know. But I'm fairly certain the sky is not falling and we'll be okay. If this staff really wants him, they'll continue to pursue him. And if he doesn't come back, oh well. We have other talented RBs and there's no reason for you to denigrate them.

First of all....
THEY ARE STILL PURSUING him.
When we recruited Alvin Kamara did that "degenerate " John Kelly?

I'm one of the few on here that touted Jabari Small and said he would sign with us, when everyone else thought he was an Ole Miss afterthought back recruit. But i guess that doesn't count does it??
That ONLY thing you said correctly that we don't know what the coaches really want exactly.

Nor did i ever say the sky was falling. The dude is the number one target at RB though. Hence WHY they stopped recruiting Johnson so heavily...

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Then why would he not remain committed, but still continue to look around? We aren't Clemson, we don't make our players lock it down, once they commit.

Then why would he not remain committed, but still continue to look around? We aren't Clemson, we don't make our players lock it down, once they commit.
Maybe, he is a stand-up kinda guy, Idk. The only thing that I do know, UT didn't tell him to "git" and I'm sure of that

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Agree. Not sure what happened but if we’re in a numbers crunch then I’ll take this guy and Brown. I like Wright but we’re in a numbers crunch and I want bowling balls and bangers.
AP said he likely has to stay juco until May. So something grades may have happened here idk. He’s good. I want him back

VN Store

Back