'21 JUCO RB Tiyon Evans

I'm giggling like an idiot at some of the stuff over there.

giphy.gif

Almost all HUDL films look good, as intended. But every once in a while you see some and you can just tell the kid will be playing on Sunday’s as well.

Tiyons HUDL screams future NFL draft pick.

Our old buddy, vagamecock again...

-vagamecock18
Posted on 4 hrs, , User Since 52 months ago, User Post Count: 293
  • 4 hrs
  • 52 months
"I have to say this is maybe the biggest overreaction I have seen on this board. We have MARSHAWN LLOYD people! We have plenty of depth at RB! Tennessee is off to a great start to their 2021 class, I get it. We will see if their big time guys stick. It is the first quarter people, let’s wait for the final three to be played. Tennessee will have to endure blowout losses to Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Oklahoma, and @us this year. We will see if those 5 stars want to go there after the season they have."

I thought this one was hillarious...

-vagamecock18
Posted on 6 hrs, , User Since 52 months ago, User Post Count: 293
  • 6 hrs
  • 52 months
"Just want to have it down in writing that while he was trending to South Carolina he was a 247sports 88. We will see what happens now that he commits to a school they tend to give bumps to."
So glad to be the school that they give bumps too! Usually it’s a downward trend. It’s great to be a Tennessee vol!

-vagamecock18
  • 4 hrs
  • 52 months
"I have to say this is maybe the biggest overreaction I have seen on this board. We have MARSHAWN LLOYD people! We have plenty of depth at RB! Tennessee is off to a great start to their 2021 class, I get it. We will see if their big time guys stick. It is the first quarter people, let’s wait for the final three to be played. Tennessee will have to endure blowout losses to Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Oklahoma, and @us this year. We will see if those 5 stars want to go there after the season they have."
Fitting username "Vaga".

“Tennessee really has been waiting on me,” Evans said. “That was my first offer. From the jump of recruiting, they knew that I was the guy that they wanted. Since they’ve been recruiting me, they’ve shown me that they really wanted me and stuff. It’s a lot of opportunity at Tennessee. It’s a dream come true for me. I’ve never had this kind of opportunity in my life honestly. With me building the relationship with the coaches, I just felt like that was the smart move.”

Living in South Carolina, and knowing the expectations were he was head to Columbia, Evans expected some blowback from fans on social media regarding his decision. He’s seen the comments and can only respond to them with a “SMH.” Evans felt he needed to go out of the state as a way of starting to rebuild his public image. “People are trying to make it like I’m trying to bash my home state,” Evans said. “They’ve just got to understand me by respecting my decision. I had to get away from South Carolina. There’s too much stuff I’ve gone through out there. It’s deeper than what I’m just talking about on the phone. It’s deeper than that. I’m not comfortable right now with explaining that stuff.”

Evans was one of the state’s top backs in 2018 and played in the Touchstone Energy Bowl North-South Game where he earned Offensive MVP honors for the South after rushing for 142 yards and catching one pass for 53 yards.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...ecruiting/phil-kornblut/article242414406.html

Stats @ Hartsville HS:

2015 (RB): 697 rushing yards & 10 TDs
2016 (RB): 166 carries for 2,247 yards & 28 TDs along with 18 receptions for 540 yards & 8 TDs...ran for 264 yards in 4A state championship game
2017 (RB): 143 carries for 2,076 yards & 28 TDs
2018 (QB): 126 carries for 1,477 yards & 25 TDs...69 of 117 passing for 1,345 & 13 TDs with 3 INTs

Averaged 13.3 yards per carry over his last 3 seasons, not too shabby.
Looks like Hutchinson CC was a RBBC last year. He led the team in rushing (except the QB) despite having less carries than three other backs. 538 yards on 61 carries, averaged 8.8 yards per carry, and 9 TDs.

Ex-Vol Trey Coleman rushed 74 times for 335 yards, averaged 4.5 yards per carry and 1 TD.

Side note, decommit Art Green has been pro vol and Tiyon Evans today. Hoping he finds a good landing spot.

No way this dude is a 3 star. Honestly his film looks as good as any I've seen. I usually don't harp on rankings because I'm no expert, but this dude just stands out. He's so fast and shifty. It's pretty amazing to watch.

I'm in the same boat as you. I don't normally harp on ratings and I rarely comment on film, but MAN, I watched his QB film and was like... okay our QBs can do that... then I saw this footage carrying the ball... and wow... not the fastest man I've ever seen but very quick, elusive, shifty, and excellent balance. The balance is what got me. He was seemingly downed in multiple instances in his film and BURNED defenders who thought the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: kamoshika

-vagamecock18
  • 4 hrs
  • 52 months

Uhhhh.... I get that no SEC win is guaranteed and shouldn't be expected to be when you've been where we've been... but I really don't see them getting better...

No it isn’t. South Carolina’s program was set back when it was set up. Don’t act like they’ve ever had a football program. Spurrier had a few decent seasons. That’s it.
You can pretend that they didnt have a decent amount of success under Granny Clampett and OBC, but it still happened. They both did things at USCjr that had never been done before, and Mushump is clearly going backwards. Im surprised he still has a job.

You can pretend that they didnt have a decent amount of success under Granny Clampett and OBC, but it still happened. They both did things at USCjr that had never been done before, and Mushump is clearly going backwards. Im surprised he still has a job.

If doing things they’ve never done before for a couple years out of impresses you and makes you think USCjr has a decent football, good on you. When you take out Ivy League schools, UT is top 10 winningest all time. South Carolina is in the 90s. Many spots behind Ole Miss, who is also a joke.

South Carolina doesn’t deserve to be spoken in the same sentence as Tennessee. The fact that you just made me do it makes me not like you very much.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
From Price...

“Guys I've told you that South Carolina wasn't the lean here for several weeks. All them predictions were wrong on this one. The kid was never tied to SC. Jay has done a nice job with him. The staff didn't know this was coming. He has had that committed graphic for the last couple of weeks when he was talking about doing a video. He literally text the staff and said 'check twitter' and away we go. I don't think this means he stole Cody's spot. The Vols will take Cody Brown.”
Hopefully, he informed the SC coaches the same way.

VN Store

Back