'21 JUCO RB Tiyon Evans

I kind of doubt it if because bumping him up will be based on nothing new if they don’t play a JUCO season in the fall. He got bumped up to get his 4th star, and is still a 3 star on Rivals. Doesn’t change anything as I think we all agree he’s going to be a really good player, but a bump all the way into 5 star territory seems unlikely without a season and new film. The 4 to play 3 is huge though, and answers my question from another thread on how the NCAA would handle their eligibility.

Dylan Brooks and Terrence Lewis list their 5* status without any football being played.

“At the beginning, schools that already had offered me still were trying to get a connection with me and stuff,” Evans said. “But I have been honest with them, and I told them that I’m locked in and I’m not available. And once I told them that, it started dying down from when I started posting on Twitter and stuff, making it obvious that I’m going to Tennessee no matter what.”
“I feel like I’m locked in,” he said. “I haven’t been planning on taking no visits. The only visit I’ve been planning on taking is there.”
“We were talking about it,” Evans said. “(Graham) was saying something around September or something like that. The last time we talked about a visit, that was before they had passed that thing about juco moving back (the season), because our plan was I’ll come down there on one of our bye weeks.

“But now, since this, we didn’t talk about it yet.”
“I’m not running from any type of competition,” he said. “I’m not running, because I feel like they’re going to play the best man, and I feel like I can win that spot. … Coach G told me, if he got me on his team, he’s not looking for me to be sitting the bench.”
callahan

Let’s GOOO this guy is a stud and his highlights are unreal him and Gray will busy heads. Also encouraging to hear Tee Hodge is impressing on offense. Whitehead going to be an LB? I know many think that’s his best spot.

Speaking of having never visited a school. There is a strong chance that Tiyon Evans could sign with Tennessee and have never been to Knoxville. South Carolina continues to swing but it’s been mostly been for nothing. That’s a big credit to Jay Graham and Joe Osovet who have worked him hard to keep him solid.
-VQ

Is his school going to play this fall? What happens to those that their school doesn't play? Will they have to play there next year to be able to qualify?

Is his school going to play this fall? What happens to those that their school doesn't play? Will they have to play there next year to be able to qualify?
School will still be in session, I'd think. Online classes. Playing has no bearing on his academic eligibility. If anything, he will get to use this season as a RS year, or potentially even better, it won't count at all towards his playing eligibility, and he will have an additional year of eligibility at Tennessee.

Have to go back in this thread but it’s already been decided that his juco won’t be competing this Fall. Link was posted that his eligibility won’t be docked so in effect he’ll have 3 to play 3 when he reports.

VN Store

Back