'19 JUCO LB Lakia Henry (Former UT commit)

4dce8db3d2fe7e3ceedb51cc7977913a.png

Oh lord cue the freak outs

Reactions: TOUCHDOWN!!TN
X on Basilio said the UT staff may re-evaluate him after a subpar soph campaign. Who is X? Someone speculated that it was a guy that I used to serve beer to at the Tap Room in 1980.

He said when he committed that he would stay committed as long as they kept telling him the same things or something like that. Wonder what happened.

When he first committed he was going to sign early and possibly EE. Take those 2 things away and it can make a Juco less attractive. They will see how the numbers fall now. We may still need him and we may not. Banks was also a RB at the time

X on Basilio said the UT staff may re-evaluate him after a subpar soph campaign. Who is X? Someone speculated that it was a guy that I used to serve beer to at the Tap Room in 1980.

I’ve never heard Basilio (live out of state). Yet from the things people on VN post that he has said, I know he’s full of crap and knows nothing. And his X character is just a bit that retells what is posted on here and TOS.

I’ve never heard Basilio (live out of state). Yet from the things people on VN post that he has said, I know he’s full of crap and knows nothing. And his X character is just a bit that retells what is posted on here and TOS.

People always said its Rob Lewis.

It’s not Rob Lewis, he did a couple of recruiting broadcasts last cycle and the voices are different. How much inside info he has is debatable but I’ve been reading his analysis of recruiting the last few years and his evaluations are usually pretty good.

Basilio isn't always full of crap, but he definitely buys into conspiracy theories way too often. He's entertaining, and every once in a while he'll get some inside info that's right. But usually he just stirs the pot.

He broadcasts on the internet. Has an app.

Basilio is a fan like the rest of us, and sometimes lets his emotions get the best of him. He grew up on Philadelphia sports radio, which is very different from the WNML model, so he can rub people used to a different product the wrong way. No one can question that he loves the Vols and has fully adopted East Tennessee as his home. Certainly not for everyone but he’s been around so long he has some pretty good sources. He was saying two months ago that Helton would be gone at the end of the season. But yeah, if you want hard reporting, stick to Hyams and Hubbs, they will have a better hit rate and will wait longer until they are sure of a story before they report it (Coach Jeff Brohm not withstanding).

Basilio is a fan like the rest of us, and sometimes lets his emotions get the best of him. He grew up on Philadelphia sports radio, which is very different from the WNML model, so he can rub people used to a different product the wrong way. No one can question that he loves the Vols and has fully adopted East Tennessee as his home. Certainly not for everyone but he’s been around so long he has some pretty good sources. He was saying two months ago that Helton would be gone at the end of the season. But yeah, if you want hard reporting, stick to Hyams and Hubbs, they will have a better hit rate and will wait longer until they are sure of a story before they report it (Coach Jeff Brohm not withstanding).
I think that's a very fair assessment. Basilio can just get too doom and gloom and overreactionary for me sometimes, but overall I enjoy listening to him.

While you may have served me (likely on multiple occasions), I am not X. Just had to set the record straight.

8ZGi.gif

VN Store

Back