'19 JUCO DT Savion Williams (Tennessee signee)

His father was outstanding on the other side of Bruce Smith with the Buffalo Bills. Was also a rush LB. I get that he was trying to bulk up for 3-tech, but it’d be great if he has some of his dads game.

Lots of videos of Bennett doing agility drills (looks more like something an LB would do, but I’m no expert). He still looks stiff and not very sharp, but i could see them trying to get him into an LB role. No way he’ll see time on the D line being 6’1 266lb...right?

Lots of videos of Bennett doing agility drills (looks more like something an LB would do, but I’m no expert). He still looks stiff and not very sharp, but i could see them trying to get him into an LB role. No way he’ll see time on the D line being 6’1 266lb...right?

That is definitely to drop to OLB weight. Work in progress. Putting him at DT was part of the Jones-roster-mangling-process.

“It wouldn't be a surprise to see the Vols involved with another junior college defensive linemen as well, with Savion Williams the biggest target. ”

VQ

Reactions: 5 people
giphy.gif

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Williams visited Georgia on Thursday and Friday and worked out for the UGA staff. The UT visit didn’t involve any sweat sessions, but Williams did spend lots of 1-on-1 time with Pruitt. Among all things with the visit, getting real attention from Tennessee’s head coach meant a lot to Williams and his family.
“Tennessee told me they wanted me to come in and be an impact player,” William said.
“At Georgia, they told me the same. It's something to think about. Of course I want playing as a JUCO guy, but it's not only about playing time, it's the coaches and the people around me that are most important.”
Tennessee’s message to Williams — who has three years to play three seasons — was rather simple Saturday: Come be a plug-and-play cog on a rebuilt defensive line. Williams described his game as a mauler and run-stuffer, saying Tennessee likes him as a nose or “four or three-technique end.”
“I have a good motor,” he said.
“I am constantly moving. I'm constantly after the ball, never giving up on a play. Another thing is my strength and athleticism for my size. Tennessee and Georgia told me that I move very well for my size. And definitely my toughness.”
Tennessee, Georgia, West Virginia and Maryland are all recruiting Williams the hardest right now — with the Vols making a move getting the latest visit. Williams has no set timeline for a decision, but plans to take official visits to both UGA and Tennessee this fall.
“I'm going to sit down and visit with my family about all of this. My mom already loves Tennessee,” he said.
“I talked to her already. I love it too. We are going to do what we always do, we will talk about it on the way home and go from there. But I really like Tennessee.”
VQ

“I just had a blast, man.” Williams told VolQuest.

“The coaches showed me a good time. They made me feel like family. I really appreciate coach (Jeremy) Pruitt, coach (Tracy) Rocker and all of them coming in and making me feel like I was a part of the family.”

Williams visited Georgia on Thursday and Friday and worked out for the UGA staff. The UT visit didn’t involve any sweat sessions, but Williams did spend lots of 1-on-1 time with Pruitt. Among all things with the visit, getting real attention from Tennessee’s head coach meant a lot to Williams and his family.

“Tennessee told me they wanted me to come in and be an impact player,” William said.

“At Georgia, they told me the same. It's something to think about. Of course I want playing as a JUCO guy, but it's not only about playing time, it's the coaches and the people around me that are most important.”

Tennessee’s message to Williams — who has three years to play three seasons — was rather simple Saturday: Come be a plug-and-play cog on a rebuilt defensive line. Williams described his game as a mauler and run-stuffer, saying Tennessee likes him as a nose or “four or three-technique end.”

“I am constantly moving. I'm constantly after the ball, never giving up on a play. Another thing is my strength and athleticism for my size. Tennessee and Georgia told me that I move very well for my size. And definitely my toughness.”
Tennessee, Georgia, West Virginia and Maryland are all recruiting Williams the hardest right now — with the Vols making a move getting the latest visit. Williams has no set timeline for a decision, but plans to take official visits to both UGA and Tennessee this fall.

“I'm going to sit down and visit with my family about all of this. My mom already loves Tennessee,” he said.

“I talked to her already. I love it too. We are going to do what we always do, we will talk about it on the way home and go from there. But I really like Tennessee.”

-Simonton

-Simonton

giphy.gif

“I just had a blast, man.” Williams told VolQuest.

“The coaches showed me a good time. They made me feel like family. I really appreciate coach (Jeremy) Pruitt, coach (Tracy) Rocker and all of them coming in and making me feel like I was a part of the family.”

-Simonton

Looks like we may pull this one out... Would be a huge get for our DL in 2019.

VN Store

Back