'19 JUCO DT Savion Williams (Tennessee signee)

yeah, i'm not concerned about Emerson.

he's a true freshmen, coming off the afformentioned injury. Just because he wasn't an instant impact player doesn't mean he's going to be a bust or can't play.

i remember the days when it was the exception, not the rule, that a true freshman had to be considered "instant impact" in order to be successful.

people get enamoured with what Bama or Georgia or whoever does with freshman players.

what they don't mention is that generally, when those type programs are starting freshmen or giving them significatn playing time, it generally is because the kid can contribute becuase he's that good.

not because he has to, because what's here isn't all that good.

and we're in the 2nd category unfortunately. i'd tell you that we've done more to stunt development to some of the freshmen we've played the past few yearst than helped them. which is why we're so lean now and have no depth.

WE HAVE HAD to play freshmen. it's time for that not to be the case anymore.
That’s why Williams and Middleton need to be ready as soon as the step on campus.

@wrangler mentioned Kingston Harris... he's an OG now. Staff likes his potential there, per VQ.

Could someone remind me what Emersons injury was and has he made a full recovery? Is his lack of playing simply because he lost strength during rehabbing said injury?

@wrangler mentioned Kingston Harris... he's an OG now. Staff likes his potential there, per VQ.

Could someone remind me what Emersons injury was and has he made a full recovery? Is his lack of playing simply because he lost strength during rehabbing said injury?
Believe it was a dislocated ankle possibly more damage not sure. Sat out all his senior year, not sure when he fully recovered but I know he missed a lot of S&C from it.

Reactions: EdEcEko77

wanna say it was a knee. and he was 100% as far as i know. he missed most of his sr. year in high school. they converted him to OL in the spring to see what he had. i think they did want him to get another year of s&c, and make sure he was all the way back from the injury.

Reactions: EdEcEko77
So how exactly did your injury (dislocated ankle and a fractured fibula) happen?

We were doing one-on-one drills, and they blew the whistle and I stopped. The other guy didn’t, and we hit the ground. It was like he was trying to twist my body to knock me down and fall on top of me, and he grabbed my legs. I fell and heard a bone snap. I didn’t really feel anything, but I looked down at my feet and saw my foot turned the wrong way. I knew for sure I’d broken my ankle.

-USA Today

It happened at the opening in 2017

Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt and defensive line coach Tracy Rocker spent time in the DMV today, seeing 2020s and Tennessee defensive tackle commit Savion Williams. The Lackawanna C.C. product will sign with the Vols in December and enroll next summer.
-VQ

Harrison gonna get a bump on rivals also. Already has one on 247. That should move him up in the composite. Wonder if Beasley gets bumped after his performance this weekend. Also Harris is being praised in the shrine bowl. He’s already a 4 star but he could be bumped as well. Well see

VN Store

Back