'20 JUCO DT Perrion Winfrey (Oklahoma Commit)

EdEcEko77

Elite ★★★★★ Poster
ldvyy5r8jkrihbjpan2m

6'4" 306lbs
(Iowa Western C.C.)

Perrion Winfrey, Iowa Western C.C., Defensive Tackle
Perrion Winfrey, 2020 Defensive tackle - Rivals
Perrion Winfrey on Hudl

Vols Recruiting timeline
2/21/19 - Vols offer. (tweet)
4/23/19 - Coach Neidermeyer visits his JUCO.

Last edited:
“ Plays too high at times butbit can be fixed”

I don’t want anyone on this team that is butbit.

Wonder why we're having to go the JUCO route to get DT's ? We signed 2 JUCO's DT's in the 2019 class .

Probably cause we need as many game ready DT’s as possible due to players leaving/graduation, and jucos are in theory more game ready then a guy coming straight out of high school. I like this guys size though, you can’t teach someone to be 6’4 305+.

The Class of 2020 defensive lineman from Iowa Western Community College in Council Bluffs, Iowa, said he received his first major-conference scholarship offer Wednesday from Tennessee, and it's "definitely a school I'm looking forward to visiting" in the coming months. The 6-foot-5, 290-pound Winfrey received his first offer in November from Florida Atlantic. He said the offer from Tennessee "let off a lot of weight" and made him feel "like I got another chance."

Winfrey learned of his offer from Tennessee during a conversation Wednesday with Vols tight ends coach Brian Niedermeyer. "He’s a real cool guy," Winfrey said of Niedermeyer, who earlier this month was named the 247Sports National Recruiter of the Year for the 2019 class.

A former standout at Lake Park High School in Roselle, Ill., just outside Chicago, Winfrey said he doesn't know all that much about Tennessee right now. But he expects to learn more about the Vols now that they have become the first Power Five program to extend an offer to him. "Not really familiar with the program," he said. "That’s definitely gonna change." Winfrey said Niedermeyer already has told him that "I could come in and make a difference right away."

As a freshman at Iowa Western, Winfrey recorded 27 tackles, 10 tackles for loss, four sacks, two pass breakups and a forced fumble last season. He said he's currently planning to graduate in December and enroll in January at the college of his choice, where he expects to have three years to play his final two seasons of eligibility.

Wonder why we're having to go the JUCO route to get DT's ? We signed 2 JUCO's DT's in the 2019 class .

Actually Alabama has done that throughout their dynasty...

You get impact guys however you can. And we need numbers AND immediate help.

If enough jucos contribute the way you want, they're gone after 2 years. And your 255 lbs true freshman are now 290 lbs RS Soph ready to go ...

Enrolls in January so would be here for spring practices and has three years to play 2 seasons, per the article RS posted above.

That’s definitely huge.

I think guys that can be here in the spring have a huge leg up on everyone else. Really wish Middleton and Savion were here now.

Reactions: GoVolsDR and T Dog

VN Store

Back