‘23 JUCO DL Elijah Davis (uscjr commit)

Rodney Garner continues to work Elijah Davis a good amount and that has continued last week. Davis was supposed to be in Columbia last Saturday night but it hasn’t been confirmed that he made it. Davis is supposed to be here for his official on December 10th weekend and providing he makes it in, we feel like the Vols have a strong shot here.
-VQ

Elijah Davis will officially visit next weekend and this is another Bama and Vols matchup. Tennessee has been trending hard the last couple of months but Alabama has quietly tried to climb back in. As of now he doesn’t have an OV set up for the 17th. Bama, Florida, Texas and others are trying to get him to campus.
-VQ

I've got a few Mississippi juco connections. One of those connections told me that Mr. Davis loves Garner and believes that he can be an instant impact player at Tennessee. This person believes that Davis will commit to the Vols on his visit.
I have a relative who coached for over 20 years at a Mississippi JUCO. Some of the stories he told me were wild. Cash transactions were common place when the good players would visit D1 schools :):)
One player came back from his D1 visit with 15 $100 bills and bragged about it. He stashed the money in his locker and it was stolen by one of his teammates :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I have a relative who coached for over 20 years at a Mississippi JUCO. Some of the stories he told me were wild. Cash transactions were common place when the good players would visit D1 schools :):)
One player came back from his D1 visit with 15 $100 bills and bragged about it. He stashed the money in his locker and it was stolen by one of his teammates :eek::eek::eek::eek:
LMAO

I played and coached in the Mississippi juco system. Mississippi juco has had some great players come through. Also, it is about as wild as it gets with recruiting those players. Lots of cash has been handed out just by Mississippi schools.

I played and coached in the Mississippi juco system. Mississippi juco has had some great players come through. Also, it is about as wild as it gets with recruiting those players. Lots of cash has been handed out just by Mississippi schools.
Jackie Sherrill lived off the Mississippi jucos while at MSU, I'm sure there was a lot of cash involved.

Jackie Sherrill lived off the Mississippi jucos while at MSU, I'm sure there was a lot of cash involved.

Coach Sherrill was an old school football coach and one of the most blunt and competitive coaches I've ever been around. He was a great salesman in living rooms and he was cut throat. Give him extras and he was almost unbeatable for Mississippi juco players.

Agree. It seems like a lot or even most of the kids in district 1A of FL (Pensacola to Tallahassee) would go the Miss JUCO route if they couldn‘t qualify out of high school. Terry Moore and Ray Wilson from my high school (Panama City Mosley) were Uber talented and went to Pearl River. They went to New Mexico as juniors and Ray ended up with the New Orleans Saints. Latief Travis of Pensacola Pine Forest (2x 5A State Champ) who was a USA Today AA played in the Miss JUCO system also. He was the top player in the state and a FL commit, but never made it to D1. Dude broke my helmet in a high school game.

VN Store

Back