‘23 JUCO DL Elijah Davis (uscjr commit)

Eventually, maybe. But he won't be better next year than BY is this year. BY is a pressure machine, just doesn't have the consistent help outside of Omari to be in position to finish those plays as much as other premier pass rushers or he would have a ton of sacks. Josephs needs to get more creative, he can't just run around an OT every time
This time last year, BY was a rawer product than Josephs. You’re mistaking YEARS OF AGE for polish. A full off-season and Josephs is comparable or better imo.

This time last year, BY was a rawer product than Josephs. You’re mistaking YEARS OF AGE for polish. A full off-season and Josephs is comparable or better imo.
Byron was raw but could get to the QB a couple of ways and did that a lot of the time. Josephs will be very good but it's just spurts right now. He's going to have to develop a secondary move or two to make a jump

Reactions: bpalmer28
Byron was raw but could get to the QB a couple of ways and did that a lot of the time. Josephs will be very good but it's just spurts right now. He's going to have to develop a secondary move or two to make a jump
I’ll take his trajectory as a true freshman over Young’s first year at Dollar General and project his sophomore year over Byron’s time at Georgia Military. 😏

Yeah I agree. But we also can’t forget he is a true freshman. Kid could really take a jump next year. Sounds like it will be up to him cause he has all the talent you can ask for.

Eventually, maybe. But he won't be better next year than BY is this year. BY is a pressure machine, just doesn't have the consistent help outside of Omari to be in position to finish those plays as much as other premier pass rushers or he would have a ton of sacks. Josephs needs to get more creative, he can't just run around an OT every time

I think he’ll be better next year than BY is this year. He’ll put on more weight and be in his 2nd year in the system, which is when players make the biggest jump. JJ is going to be our best Edge since Darrell Taylor and probably better by the end of his career.

I’d also expect Pearce to make a jump.

Josephs probably won't have that raw strength that Young has to push the interior on those stunts.

But overall I do think our pass rush will be better.
Remember, O Thomas will also improve! His time to be the dominant senior. Flanked by Eason/Simmons. Then having those two super athletes at edge.

Run defense might take a hit tho

I think he’ll be better next year than BY is this year. He’ll put on more weight and be in his 2nd year in the system, which is when players make the biggest jump. JJ is going to be our best Edge since Darrell Taylor and probably better by the end of his career.

I’d also expect Pearce to make a jump.
He got a legit sack today
Pearce that is

The only JUCO defensive lineman that is set up to visit in December is Elijah Davis. The South Carolina native and Rodney Garner have hit it off and Garner has impressed upon him how much he can help and factor early on in his career. Alabama and South Carolina are the main competition here for the Vols.
-VQ

VN Store

Back