‘23 JUCO DL Elijah Davis (uscjr commit)

Funny…first part of page 1 is a discussion about the actual recruit for this thread and by midway through page 1 and all of page 2 I it turns to a critique on our overall defense and a discussion about Banks…
They have over 150,000 post between the 3 of them. Not the first thread they have ran off the tracks.

Yeah. The SEC's second most productive tackler sucks... right? Come on guy. You're trying WAY too hard.

Interesting stat regarding your apparent claim that he didn't play well against better competition... he was #1 in the SEC vs teams with a winning record at over 13 tackles per game. His main problem is that he needs to be able to play free. He can't do that without the other LB helping more.

He also likely played more snaps than any other SEC LB. Tackles per game are inflated by a high paced offense and a defense that fails to get off the field. That’s why it’s not a great measure.

“Apparent claim that he didn’t play well against better completion” I don’t know what that even means. I stated he didn’t play well in general. I’ve not mentioned anything related to completion. What’re you talking about?

I’m sure improved Lb play on the other side would help him. I’m sure being on the field less snaps would probably help his play too. But overall it wasn’t great.

He also likely played more snaps than any other SEC LB. Tackles per game are inflated by a high paced offense and a defense that fails to get off the field. That’s why it’s not a great measure.

“Apparent claim that he didn’t play well against better completion” I don’t know what that even means. I stated he didn’t play well in general. I’ve not mentioned anything related to completion. What’re you talking about?

I’m sure improved Lb play on the other side would help him. I’m sure being on the field less snaps would probably help his play too. But overall it wasn’t great.
Again, you are trying too hard. At this point, it is likely you are arguing just to avoid admitting you overstated things.

Banks played a lot of snaps. As you stated (contradicting yourself), that both gave him more opportunities and caused him to play tired. You can't have it both ways. Either he sucked and was a top tackler in the SEC just because he played so many snaps or he was pretty productive in spite of playing a lot more snaps than you'd hope.

Banks would start for several SEC teams but needs more help. Beasley needs to be depth, not a starter. Willis is just a Soph. I think you're being premature. Not sure about safety being "terrible". You have two gray hairs that have played well many times. Charles and McDonald both looked very good at times.

A lot of things today depend on CB's being able to hold up in man. Teams picked on whoever was opposite Taylor last year.

Teams he would start for? Vandy, SC (maybe) possibly Missouri. That’s about it. For some reason some of you just look at his tackles as the only gauge of a LB ability. He missed quite a few tackles and like I said got routinely toasted in coverage. Never could contain a QB. Banks is a subpar LB. Last season showed that.

Again, you are trying too hard. At this point, it is likely you are arguing just to avoid admitting you overstated things.

Banks played a lot of snaps. As you stated (contradicting yourself), that both gave him more opportunities and caused him to play tired. You can't have it both ways. Either he sucked and was a top tackler in the SEC just because he played so many snaps or he was pretty productive in spite of playing a lot more snaps than you'd hope.

I’ve not contradicted myself. He played poorly. I never said “he sucks”. Yes some of that could be because of playing tired. It could even be overcompensating for lack of talent around him. There’s plenty of reasons guys play poorly. He played poorly.

“Either he sucked and was a top tackler in the sec”-never said he sucked.

“He was pretty productive in spite of playing a lot of snaps”-playing a lot of snaps increases overall production, so I’m not sure what you’re even saying here. His production isn’t “in spite of his snap count” but rather “due to his snap count”

Teams he would start for? Vandy, SC (maybe) possibly Missouri. That’s about it. For some reason some of you just look at his tackles as the only gauge of a LB ability. He missed quite a few tackles and like I said got routinely toasted in coverage. Never could contain a QB. Banks is a subpar LB. Last season showed that.

PFF gave both Vandy LBs a higher grade

Would start for Florida also imo. Not studied up enough on Kentucky, but he’s the type Stoops has been sending to the NFL. Flies to the football and has natural instincts. Others feed off his energy. I think he’s got the potential to be exceptional. Watched the same season you did.

First time in a sports discussion?
No, just get comical sometimes on here. We can’t go a full page before it gets sidetracked. Freak should have a feature where actual recruiting news on the person the thread is about gets moved to page 1 and the rest of the VN nonsense is for pages 2-200 on the rest…then we can scan page 1 for what’s happening

Reactions: walkenvol
Yeah. This is consistent for you.

Does everyone remember that last year was a new system and it takes time to get everyone up to speed. I think we will improve in year 2. I am not saying we will be top of the SEC but we will be better than last year.
Underrated point! It’s established wisdom that converting to a 3-4 takes 1 to 1/2 season to implement…so the opposite is most likely true.

VN Store

Back