6'5''
270 LBS
CLASS OF 2019
Riverside, CA
Riverside City College

Nick Figueroa, 2019 Strongside defensive end - Rivals.com

Nick Figueroa, Riverside C.C., Strong-Side Defensive End

Last edited by a moderator:
High School -- In his first and only football season, Figueroa made 86 tackles as a senior under head coach Nick Rogers at Cajon High School ... earned 12 sacks, 19 tackles for lost yardage, three pass breakups, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery, helping the Cowboys to a 7-4 overall mark, including a 5-2 record for third place in the Citrus Belt League and a berth in the Southern Section Division 4 playoffs ... Figueroa, who also received offers from Hawai'i, Army, UTEP and UC Davis, was named to the All-Citrus Belt League first team on defense, was a team captain and was selected to play in the Inland Empire All-Star Classic ... Figueroa did not play football as a junior, opting instead for baseball, and hit .323 with nine doubles, 26 RBI and a .419 on-base percentage ... as a senior, hit .337 with eight doubles, three home runs and 24 RBI ... outfielder and designated hitter stole six bases ... chose to come to Cal Poly to play football "for the ideal location and the amazing educational opportunity" ... made the Honor Roll, earned Principal's Award and is a member of the National Honors Society.

Nickolas Figueroa

High School -- In his first and only football season, Figueroa made 86 tackles as a senior under head coach Nick Rogers at Cajon High School ... earned 12 sacks, 19 tackles for lost yardage, three pass breakups, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery, helping the Cowboys to a 7-4 overall mark, including a 5-2 record for third place in the Citrus Belt League and a berth in the Southern Section Division 4 playoffs ... Figueroa, who also received offers from Hawai'i, Army, UTEP and UC Davis, was named to the All-Citrus Belt League first team on defense, was a team captain and was selected to play in the Inland Empire All-Star Classic ... Figueroa did not play football as a junior, opting instead for baseball, and hit .323 with nine doubles, 26 RBI and a .419 on-base percentage ... as a senior, hit .337 with eight doubles, three home runs and 24 RBI ... outfielder and designated hitter stole six bases ... chose to come to Cal Poly to play football "for the ideal location and the amazing educational opportunity" ... made the Honor Roll, earned Principal's Award and is a member of the National Honors Society.

Nickolas Figueroa

Have we offered Ron?

After redshirting last year at Cal Poly, a Football Championship Subdivision school, Nick Figueroa left in March and transferred to a junior college in hopes of earning an opportunity to play a higher level. He said he thought “my game had surpassed where I was at” after he was “a late bloomer” in high school, and he thought he was capable of playing for a major program. Figueroa already is proving he was right.

But he said he’s not necessarily surprised by the growing list of teams pursuing him. It’s what he wanted — and expected — when he left Cal Poly earlier this year. "It's been great, but it was what I expected,” said Figueroa, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 159 overall junior-college prospect and No. 13 juco strongside defensive end in the 2019 class. “I took a bet on myself and this was what I wanted, so this was what I expected. This was what I was working toward.

Figueroa said his offer from the Vols, which was his first from an SEC team, “was a nice surprise.” He said he learned of the offer during a phone conversation Monday with Tennessee quality control analyst Joe Osovet. “I talked to him for about, like, 20 minutes,” Figueroa said of Osovet. “He let me know I had an offer. They just really like what I put on tape. It was cool. It was a nice surprise. I'm real excited.

“He said they’re trying to just bring in a group of, like, hard-working guys who can come in and try to play, but really put an emphasis on high-motor guys who can play and try to play every down, and they’re not afraid to get their hands dirty. And I think that’s how I consider myself, as well. I do it all every down and leave it all on the field. “He really emphasized that, trying to bring this Tennessee program to the strength that it was once.”

He's planning to take visits soon to places like UCLA, Cal, VT and likely UT and wants to decide in December before signing early and enrolling in January.

He is a Strong Side Def End. We lose our top 3 DE this year. We will make room if the coaches decide to take him.

Nickolas Figueroa

Daaaaaaaaaammm...raw but big, very aggressive and productive. Aight

Last edited:
Reactions: feathersax
"I have offers from Indiana, UCLA, Virginia, Tennessee, Oregon State, Cal, Bowling Green, Arizona, North Carolina, UCF, New Mexico, Portland State and Houston and San Diego State," said Figueroa, who also was offered by Nebraska on Wednesday evening.

And a few of them are standing out to him though he hasn't named any top schools or a top five. "The ones that stand out the most are Tennessee, UCF, UCLA, Cal, Virginia Tech and Houston," said Figueroa. "I don’t have a top five at the moment because I am seeing new interests weekly. This process has been quick, with my first offer coming in mid-September. But I don't have a definitive favorite at this time."

"I’d say UCLA, UCF, Tennessee, Virginia Tech and Cal are recruiting me the hardest," said Figueroa. "I’m building good relationships with Joe Osovet of Tennessee, Coach (Charlie) Wiles and Thomas Guerry of Virginia Tech, Coach (Vince) Oghobaase of UCLA, and Coach (Cory) Nicol and Coach (Tony) Tuioti of Cal. I get calls from them and just about every school on my list except Indiana, Bowling Green, Portland State and New Mexico."

Figueroa is targeting the early signing period for when he'll make a decision and he plans to be on a college campus by January. "My time frame is probably those three days before the December signing day," said Figueroa. "I'll sign in December and I'm a 3-for-3."

VN Store

Back