'20 JUCO DE Jordan Davis (Mississippi State commit)

Meh... didn't really want him anyway...

What's that? He's still committed, and he deleted the tweet?

Can't wait to get this kid in an orange uniform. He's gonna be one of the best pickups of the '20 class.
It will be funny if that was some old graphic or message or something from his HS recruitment that he accidentally sent out and deleted when he realized it. All these people taking personal shots at him about his character and all that will need a second bike for all the backpeddling.

pqoYJhu.gif

And maybe that's what happened here, maybe he was told that we didn't have a spot for him and he just botched the public roll-out his de-commit, certainly wouldn't be unheard of for an 18 year old. Still, whenever I hear about any program just ghosting a kid, it turns my stomach, because it's nutless if it's true.
My question is, why would they stop recruiting this guy? He's the number one Juco in the nation and at a position we need the worst.

My question is, why would they stop recruiting this guy? He's the number one Juco in the nation and at a position we need the worst.
Folks on here and on other teams boards will often say "our staff stopped communicating with him" or "the staff cut him off" when a guy de-commits. I don't understand it either, first as you point out it's likely not true and is an after the fact arse covering attempt. IF it is true though, it's a poor attempt at arse covering because ghosting a high school kid makes adults involved in that look like total pricks. I really hope it doesn't happen, at least not as often as some message board posters report that it does.

My guess:
Coaches stay on these commits all the same. For some, that's plenty.

For some, they're all in already and tell the coaches "go get the other guys, just let me know what I can do to help".

Others, require that new love feel continuously. Not interested in what else you've got going for the good of the team.

I hope our next couple of commits are more interested in helping build their team.

VN Store

Back