'20 JUCO DE Jordan Davis (Mississippi State commit)

No problem there when you can objectively look at things as they really are.
So your trying to ruin our health with your objectivity? We lived the last 15 years and don't need any help with that. We are here to see how the 2020 class ends up. It has not ended yet so there is nothing to analyze yet. There is no need to compare to other classes because most of the players are waiting to see how our team performs before becoming a part of this class. That is how things really are. I'm sorry you are not satisfied with that.

Take it as you like. Was my comments negative, or just critical thinking. No lemming here. But some of the posters on here are downing other programs at the same time kids are making decisions to go to those programs. Why are kids not making the decision to come play at Tennessee? That is all I am asking? They are out recruiting us.

Personally, I do not think you can compare Knoxville, to Auburn, Clemson, Gainesville, Starkville, or College Station. But players want to go to those programs. Why?

I’ll ask again have you been to the marvelous metropolis known as Starkville? What was your favorite attraction? Do you happen to enjoy cowbells?

Again I have nothing against MSU, I would be fine with them beating every team in the west every year. That said it’s the biggest dump in the sec and I don’t think it’s close. I haven’t been to Missouri though to be fair.

So your trying to ruin our health with your objectivity? We lived the last 15 years and don't need any help with that. We are here to see how the 2020 class ends up. It has not ended yet so there is nothing to analyze yet. There is no need to compare to other classes because most of the players are waiting to see how our team performs before becoming a part of this class. That is how things really are. I'm sorry you are not satisfied with that.
2019 would’ve looked a lot differently without the players we added at the very end as well to add to your point. This staff has shown they can finish strong without as much to sell recruits on. If we have a winning season, a bowl game and some players drafted I think everyone sees a drastic turnaround.

I am waiting on something to RAH RAH for. Not just mediocrity. The last 15 years are not what I consider Vol tradition.

I think in the 1980's and 90's we were one of the hottest programs in college football. We were probably on TV more than any other SEC school and WTBS loved us. We can all name famous and legendary players from that era. Not just 5 stars, but players that developed in this program. We had one of the loudest stadiums in the country. We had some of the best offensive line and defensive lines in the country. Our game day was unmatched in college football. A Saturday night game in Neyland with all that Tennessee Orange was as dramatic as you could get. It was somewhat reasonable to take a family to a game and it was an amazing experience.

Very little of that exists today. And when comments are made everyone wants to blame the fans. There is probably no other program that can compare to fan loyalty and love that UT fans provide. Especially since the period of time from the Vandy loss in 2005 to today. Some would say since the LSU loss in the 2001 SEC Championship game. IT HAS BEEN 21 YEARS SINCE THIS PROGRAM HAS WON A CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP. The worst era in the program's history.

Hope Pruitt and Fulmer know what they are doing. What grades would you give this staff, so far, in recruiting, player development, game management, and PR? It may be way too early to tell, but I do not see any reason to RAH RAH, yet. I am waiting.

In the mean time I will sit here and hold on to my faded orange shaker.

Oh I get it now. I was there during the Battle, Majors, Fulmer, Kiffin, F’ing Dooley and Jones time. I remember the good, the bad and the ugly. I was a fan through it all. My point, you don’t seem to be a downer because of our down turn in the last 10 years, you seem to be the one that constantly wants to find company in the pit of fan misery with you, but what do I know? Just my opinion, right?

Oh I get it now. I was there during the Battle, Majors, Fulmer, Kiffin, F’ing Dooley and Jones time. I remember the good, the bad and the ugly. I was a fan through it all. My point, you don’t seem to be a downer because of our down turn in the last 10 years, you seem to be the one that constantly wants to find company in the pit of fan misery with you, but what do I know? Just my opinion, right?
But is that your objective opinion?

Yay. Another “objective,” “realistic” negavol.

I don’t care what our program has done in the past 10-15 years. I can’t change that. What I do know is that we are a proud program who won’t stop fighting to get back to the top and I have the most hope I’ve had since Doug Dickey was AD. Obviously more hope than you have.

Great post—my feelings exactly.

VN Store

Back