'22 JUCO DB Desmond Williams (Tennessee signee)

Tennessee came by to visit him yesterday. Heupel, Martinez and Ekeler. Said he enjoyed meeting with them.

He's an older guy who has been at East Central CC for three years. He will have two years of eligibility left. OV w/ Tennessee this weekend, Mississippi State next weekend. A Vols/Bulldogs battle.

- Eric Cain, VQ

VolQuest - Vols putting the press on JUCO playmaker Desmond Williams (rivals.com)

East Central Community College standout Desmond Williams is the latest defensive back Tennessee is targeting for the 2022 cycle. After an initial offer about a month ago, the Vols had the opportunity to meet face-to-face with the cornerback earlier this week.
“It went really well. Coach [Josh] Heupel, [Willie] Martinez and [Mike] Ekeler all had great energy and seems like they want me a part of the team,” the 5-foot-11, 185-pound cornerback told Volquest. “I had a very good time meeting and talking with them.”

Mississippi junior college defensive back Desmond Williams is someone that Tennessee has really picked up the pace on of late. The defensive staff along with head coach Josh Heupel visited Williams this week as Tennessee starts to climb in his recruitment. Mississippi State appears to be the biggest competition.
-VQ

Quick twitch, great stats - I like this player. Plays very aggressively.

Funny, I like him and Caraway better than Marquise Gilbert (who is quite slight) and Keionte Scott, who are both higher rated and more heavily pursued. Obviously I could be wrong, but recruiting is such a tough game.

"The Fly is open, let's go Peay". Best college basketball chant in the sport :):):)
FEABB3F3-219B-4BC6-9743-646C31F5F0F9.gif

636295179645542255-fly-04.jpg

Last edited:
Quick twitch, great stats - I like this player. Plays very aggressively.

Funny, I like him and Caraway better than Marquise Gilbert (who is quite slight) and Keionte Scott, who are both higher rated and more heavily pursued. Obviously I could be wrong, but recruiting is such a tough game.
Gilbert is slight, but Heupel stated recently that they are recruiting speed and length. Gilbert is 6'2" and lanky. This guy is 5'11". We can fix slight.

Gilbert is slight, but Heupel stated recently that they are recruiting speed and length. Gilbert is 6'2" and lanky. This guy is 5'11". We can fix slight.
Certainly true. Williams is fast. Butsome guys, especially JUCO guys, make you want a guy in a game-ready body.

But to counter myself - we saw Byron Young gain 30 lbs in the Summer.

So a lot is about want-to, which coaches know a lot more about than me.

VN Store

Back