'21 JUCO CB Roterius Torrence (Auburn transfer)

VQ hinting that (reading between the lines here...) we didn't exactly accept his commitment.

He basically called coaches during some team work and the coaches were...surprised in the moment.

Sort of makes sense just because I was thinking we either hit or went over our annual max (including blueshirts/backcounting).

I suspected this when I noticed Heupel never tweeted any acknowledgment of this.

VQ hinting that (reading between the lines here...) we didn't exactly accept his commitment.

He basically called coaches during some team work and the coaches were...surprised in the moment.

Sort of makes sense just because I was thinking we either hit or went over our annual max (including blueshirts/backcounting).
Callahan point blank saying this was not UT's decision. Said Heupel got the call on the field at camp and was shocked.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Going to auburn
And named defensive player of the year in his league. Looks like some people jumped the gun when complaining about his offer list and rating. He will probably pick up several more big time offers in the next few days. Hopefully next time some people can be more positive instead of trashing a kid on a public message board that that kid or his family probably reads. I bet Auburn's message boards will be a lot more positive about getting the juco defensive player of the year if he commits there.

And named defensive player of the year in his league. Looks like some people jumped the gun when complaining about his offer list and rating. He will probably pick up several more big time offers in the next few days. Hopefully next time some people can be more positive instead of trashing a kid on a public message board that that kid or his family probably reads. I bet Auburn's message boards will be a lot more positive about getting the juco defensive player of the year if he commits there.
It's especially dumb to trash kids based on ratings this year when there have been no camps for like 18 months until today.

Last edited:
You'll get no argument on that from me. My point though was that ratings mean less right now than they ever have due to the 15 month dead period, so it's especially stupid to cry about a kid's ranking right now or write them off because of it.

I agree, no need to trash a player but if VolNation trash talk is the reason he decommited...... well then he may be a bit to tender hearted for SEC ball.... 🙄

I agree, no need to trash a player but if VolNation trash talk is the reason he decommited...... well then he may be a bit to tender hearted for SEC ball.... 🙄
He’s from Alabama about to receive an offer from a state school (Auburn). I’d say he jumped the gun on the commit and Auburn picked things up soon after.

Just once I’d like to see a decommit give the real reason why they are doing so.
like, “I learned that they had too many better players at my position”
or ”another school offered me more money”.

or, “well I really did not like the lack of respect I received from who I thought was the best fan base in the country”

You think that they do not look at all the message boards? These kids are all over them looking for praise and admiration.

Yes, I would be shocked if the majority of high school recruits are scouring the internet message boards seeking our approval. Social media is another thing, but I doubt most (not all) kids are looking at Vol Nation.

VN Store

Back