'21 JUCO CB Dejahn Warren (JSU commit)

geez, does this staff ever sleep...wonder if any of them have ever heard of a Christmas break...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE HOOSIERS!

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Visiting March 7th

Important name to watch, likely gonna be the top ranked JUCO corner when those update. Just got a Bama offer earlier this week, along with Penn State and some other P5s

...De’Jahn Warren’s football future looked very bright headed into his junior season as he was poised to grab attention from some of the top Division 1 football teams in the nation. Unfortunately, this would not come to be...“I was ineligible my junior and my senior year,” Warren said. “When I became ineligible during my junior year, I enrolled into The Avalon school (MD). I only played five games there and transferred back to my high school. Transitioning into my senior season, I was declared ineligible again after only playing one game.”

Not having the opportunity to play football was the least of Warren’s problems at this time. In an attempt to get one more year of high school football under his belt, Warren re-classified to the 2019 recruiting class. While in position to hit the gridiron again for Suitland High School, Warren was expelled and forced to graduate from an alternative school, which left him in a desperate position. Warren had not played football for a full two years outside of the one game he played during his senior year. “It really humbled me to the highest level possible,” Warren said. “One, it made me realize without school, you can not have football. When football is taking away from you and you been playing so long, it makes you even hungrier. I felt I had something to prove and I wanted a second chance."

De'Jahn Warren taking advantage of second chance, collecting P5 offers - Touchdown Alabama - Alabama Football

Visiting March 7th

Important name to watch, likely gonna be the top ranked JUCO corner when those update. Just got a Bama offer earlier this week, along with Penn State and some other P5s
I love that we were the first to offer him and he does seem to have an interest in joining our team. Osovet and Pruitt need to work their magic here! This guy’s tape is solid

His first bigtime offer came from Tennessee assistant Joe Osovet and the phone calls and interest from others followed.

"It was big for me because two years ago, I was not playing football so to get that offer from an SEC school was major," Warren said.

Warren was originally part of the 2017 class, but reclassified to the 2018 class. At that point, it's been a winding road that led him to the JUCO route, where he has seen growth in all areas.

"Everything from the classroom, to the weight room to the football field," Warren said. "I've learned a lot about myself through all of this. I've just put in the work and it's started to pay off."

So what does the 6-foot and 190 pound Warren do well? He's not short on confidence and believes he will add to any school he plays for.

"Anything and everything," Warren said. "Not to sound cocky, but I feel like I can do anything the coach asks me to do. Its my first year playing corner, but I'm physical and I can cover and I can tackle. Just anything my coach asks, I get it done."

Osovet saw the potential in him and got on him early. Tennessee's staff agreed and offered him.

"They pinpointed my physicality, my ball skills, my technique, the way I can stack receivers and stay on top of the ball," Warren said. "Those are the things I can think of off the top of my head that they told me."

And since Tennessee got involved it's been big name school after big name school that has reached out to find out more about Warren.

"Right now I'm talking to Georgia," Warren said. "This week I got offered from Texas A&M, Alabama, Oklahoma and Nebraska. It's a bit overwhelming as its my first time going through the recruiting process. Every school is coming at me at the same time. This is what I had hoped for though so it's a blessing."

Osovet is planning on getting Warren to Rocky Top this spring as Tennessee continues to show well for the experienced product.

"I'm supposed to be coming down next month after the dead period," Warren said. "I look forward to a good experience. I've never traveled anywhere so I want to get a feel on my own and just experience the people and the school."
-VQ

Reactions: T Dog
Following that is a Dec. 4 visit to Tennessee, which is the same weekend as the SEC championship game.

“I talked to one of my old (Lackawanna) teammates about them, Savion (Williams),” Warren said. “Me and my high school were rivals so I talk to him.”

Warren also likes the reputation of coach Jeremy Pruitt and defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley as it relates to his position.

“When I think of Tennessee, I think defense,” he said. “It’s the way they play, and I would say the corners as well because their coaches, coach Ashley and coach Pruitt, they put a lot of defensive backs in the (NFL).”

Pruitt is just going to field 11 DBs at all times isn't he.

Just taking care of an area we missed last year. Both nickels are graduating and we need to get future replacements for Alontae and Bryce on campus so we aren’t starting 2 freshmen again.

Given how front seven heavy last years class was, I think most of us expected this.

Just taking care of an area we missed last year. Both nickels are graduating and we need to get future replacements for Alontae and Bryce on campus so we aren’t starting 2 freshmen again.

Given how front seven heavy last years class was, I think most of us expected this.
And Kenneth George graduates this year, I’m certain. That leaves Burrell and...who? Lawrence and Slaughter are inside guys, right?

Reactions: Vol8188

VN Store

Back