Juaun Jennings communication with Pruitt

Those calling jennings out for abandoning his teammates, just remember the horn tooter let him. What immature child wouldnt take advantage if allowed?

Like Fulmer said, someone has to be the adult.

Reactions: 2 people
Uh...NO! JJ's profanity-filled video isn't average. If CJP gives him a second chance, fine; but there will be a short leash.

It’s amazing that people think that kind of “communication “ is normal or average. I agree with you. I don’t know anyone in that age bracket talking like that. Sure it happens I guess. But it’s not now or never will be normal. NORMAL PEOPLE walk away from those people ...saying among themselves “something’s wrong with that dude...”.

Reactions: 4 people
Those calling jennings out for abandoning his teammates, just remember the horn tooter let him. What immature child wouldnt take advantage if allowed?

Like Fulmer said, someone has to be the adult.

Immature yes. Child no. Time to grow up and lessons like this help speed the process. Learn from it and become successful at the next school.

Reactions: 1 person
In my opinion, J. Jennings is a thug and we don't need him. He's a hothead and not a team player. I sincerely hope he is academically ineligible.

Oh BS. Going on a YouTube rant is stupid and should be punished but is it worse than a player drinking underage, fighting, smoking pot, stealing, etc? Idk what all Jennings has done but if the video was all then I think dismissing him from school is a little harsh.

I didn't say dismiss from school.

He can stay in school.

I know he was out of line but I love his passion for UT Football and I really think CJP can make him in to a leader on the offense we need. Who here hasn’t done something stupid in their youth and needed a second chance I would say most of us have needed or deserved a second chance.

A leader, you're kidding right. If quitters are what the team has to look to for leadership they are in serious trouble. As someone mentioned let him earn his way back in the classroom. And as a walk on, without all the scolly perks

Reactions: 3 people
Dude abandoned his teammates all year and 55 people thinks he should be allowed to come back? Unbelievably selfish reasons for wanting him back. I wouldn't want a cancer around my player's.

Reactions: 6 people
He has talent. And I've been a fan of him. Go junk yard I would cheer out . But imo we be better off without him. If CJP gives him a chance, so be it . We all know all to well what we get when the players run the team and not the coach. I say let him play marbles on I 40

If JJ is still elligible I think CJP should do what he thinks is best.

He's a legit player at a big time SEC school. If CJP really wants him back they'll find a way to get him back. The resources and hand holding some of the athletes get is incredible (not all of them though).

LOL! Players get in trouble all the time at Bama and discipline is always handled internally which means little or no punishment. What a joke.

Trouble and selfish acts against the team are two different things. Say what you will about the Criminal Tide but they play as a team and selfish acts like Jennings pulled aren’t part of their program.

This is Jennings 4th strike I know of. He beat the hell outta a HS kid when he was a freshman. Got cited for pot last yr and failed a drug test this yr. and the dumbass really thought he could show up one day after being out 11 weeks and play QB? Are you ****in kidding me?

I’d suggest you retake 3rd grade reading

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
I'm not sure either, but star WRs don't just get run because of a personality conflict with an interim coach. Something was going on. I wonder if he's even going to be eligible.

There were already problems, but after his season-ending injury in the opener against Georgia Tech, Jennings' downward spiral accelerated.

Here are a couple of quotes from Jimmy Hyams excerpted from a Nov. 24th, 2017 article:

But Jennings broke his wrist in the season opener against Georgia Tech, had surgery, and then went AWOL.

He didn’t come to practice.

He didn’t go to the weight room.

He didn’t rehab in the training room.

He didn’t attend most games.

Some teammate, huh?

He also didn’t consistently go to class, putting his eligibility in question.

Jennings was gone so long from the team, Tennessee cleaned out his locker, believing he had quit, sources said.

Before the season opener this year, Jennings was a no-show at practice. A UT player was summoned to find him; Jennings was found in his room, stoned.

[...]

On Wednesday, he stormed off the practice field because UT wouldn’t let him play quarterback. He wasn’t told to leave. He departed because UT wouldn’t let him play his high school position!

New details emerge on Jauan Jennings’ dismissal from Tennessee - Rocky Top Talk

Whether his future includes Tennessee football or not, I hope young Mr. Jennings can get himself on track and not become just another wonderfully talented tragedy.

i think it's over, and that's fine. CJP can and should move on with the team he has and the team he is building. He has a couple playmakers and possibly some nice recruits who can play early and grow up on the field. I think the more this becomes CJP's team, the better. That's not to say current players aren't wanted, valuable, or will fit in well, but to let guys who have been sources of contention or contributed to a bad culture, move on.

I don't care how talented you are, if you are poison to the team, you have to go. He was a poison. The interim staff didn't make this decision to make them selves look good. They did their jobs. And any interim coach should be able to discipline. What message does it send if he can't? He is, whether you like it or not, the coach.

Thought I saw a report that he walked off the practice field prior to posting the video. That’s quitting. And the decision to release him was signed off in the AD’s office?

Regardless, I would support a second chance as I would speculate that he more like to learn from these events if he is given another opportunity versus have it ruin his college/NFL dream.

Nope! Actions have consequences. Some lessons learned are harder than others. It's a part of growing up. Yes, I'm all for second chances but his second chance needs to come from another team, another university. I hate that we are going to miss his talent but one player does not a team make.

If Jennings indeed is sincere - let him get his head on straight and work his way back. It looks to me that he might get a medical hardship year no more than he played last season - is that correct?

Big issue would be his academic standing. Rest can be managed by the staff and JJ.

Jennings can go. He is a hot head and as a new coach instilling discipline and accountability you don't want to have to deal with that kind of issue. Every kid on that team was frustrating with that staff and losing. Only Jennings posted a video. On top of that you don't come and support your guys on the sideline. You walk out of practice because they won't let you do what you want. The kids a diva and he's not some once in a lifetime talent. Let him learn his lesson and go JUCO.

I think he’s gone. But don’t be surprised if you see a walk-on WR tear it up next year named Duauan Dennings.

Reactions: 4 people
Jennings did a ton more than on the video. It's not just a matter of apologizing for being stupid and posting that. If I was a teammate it'd be super tough to accept him back when he pretty much gave up on the team. For someone so talented and should be a leader, that shows a bunch of immaturity and lack of character. There are countless players on teams across the nation who may not agree with the coach, but they don't quit and make a social media rant blasting the staff/university with all that profanity. It's up to the team imo, but as someone who played a ton of sports throughout school, I would never want that kind of guy next to me. And as someone who saw Boom Williams go through a similar issue (minus the rant/injury issue), even if a player is great on the field, being a cancer in the locker room probably means they don't belong. But again, it's up to the people in charge.

Go away wildcat, we don't care about nor need the opinions of our "rivals" on how we handle our players. You don't know anything about JJ or what has been going on here.

Jennings can go. He is a hot head and as a new coach instilling discipline and accountability you don't want to have to deal with that kind of issue. Every kid on that team was frustrating with that staff and losing. Only Jennings posted a video. On top of that you don't come and support your guys on the sideline. You walk out of practice because they won't let you do what you want. The kids a diva and he's not some once in a lifetime talent. Let him learn his lesson and go JUCO.

You don't know him. Love when people judge a person based on a few saturday's a 3min video

You don't know him. Love when people judge a person based on a few saturday's a 3min video

I think many are judging him based on his arrests for assault and drug possession, and fights on the field. The video was kind of the icing on the cake.

If mayfield can run from the cops and win the Heisman
Jennings should be welcomed back

So he smokes pot
So he was frustrated about coaching fraud

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back