Juaun Jennings communication with Pruitt

Was talking about the poster but thanks for playing. CJP will make the play decision.

Oh, and the opinion expressed above makes you a snowflake too. Players get paid more than a lot of the hard working people on this board. And they damn sure have better insurance.

Don’t care who you were talking to, you were and still are wrong. The fact that you go with an ad hominem attack in response just shows how little your opinion matters.

If you want to talk about snowflake, insulting someone for merely disagreeing with you is the epitome of being a snowflake. If you can’t take the possibility of being wrong, the internet is no place for you.

All the insurance in the world can’t make up for the experiences you miss when you lose your mind. When I’m cheering for the guys out there on the field, I keep in mind what they stand to lose. You would do well to do the same. You don’t have to like all of our players but there’s no reason to show them contempt.

Reactions: 1 person
James Banks was more talented and a better player than Jennings. Banks' problem was that he couldn't stay off of the hippie lettuce. His behavior while at UT is nowhere near the level of the bad behavior of JeJuan Jennings

I think Fulmer gave James so many 2nd chances that is was to his detriment. Sometimes tough love is what turns someone's life around.

JJ is soo great CJP shouldn't even worry about the other 85 players on scholarship. Just base the decision on JJ and move on. HaHa
I don't get all the comments about, he's young, he deserves a 2nd chance. I went to work full time at 17 (I started school at 5 yr old) and believe me, I wouldn't have gotten a 2nd chance to blow off steam or complain about my employer. Maybe he needs to mature and losing his chance to play at TENN is the best thing to happen to him.

Reactions: 2 people
Lots of speculation here in this thread. I will support Pruitt's decision either way. I agree Hoke should not have held the power to dismiss the youngster, but it happened. If JJ can make himself eligible and Pruitt is satisfied he can come back I would support it

Now can Pruitt get Boulware back in school?

Everyone that keeps accusing JJ of abandoning his teammates, staying stoned in his dorm, skipping classes and so in, do you have any proof or is it all hearsay? If so, how about a link or two.

James Banks was more talented and a better player than Jennings. Banks' problem was that he couldn't stay off of the hippie lettuce. His behavior while at UT is nowhere near the level of the bad behavior of JeJuan Jennings
no, no and no. As a WR the evidence on record does not support your claim. As a QB neither had the change or body of work to from a decent opinion.

James Banks was a good WR. A really good one. JJ is a bigger angrier version of Hines Ward. Not even the same zipcode.

banks likes that lettuce too much... afaik JJ might be on a similar boat. not relevant. Banks never had the public outburst JJ did (wasn't a thing back then) most of what we know about banks comes from second, third hand info. JJ laid it down on twitter and the whole world saw it. Big mistake but he is a kid.

Comparing social outbursts from past players to now is impossible . Social media was in its infancy/didn't exist before and coaches/AD had real control over information the public saw. now no matter what if a player wants to they can facebook or twitter themselves to death. it really sucks for the players and coaches imo. These kids are not ready.

Really hope they give him another shot. From what has come out after BJ got fired, it looks like he was not far off in what he said in the video. Although he handled it the wrong way, he should not be permanently punished for it.

Can't be hung for your thoughts, but sure can for your actions. That said, I don't have a problem if Pruitt wants to allow him to work his way onto the team.

no, no and no. As a WR the evidence on record does not support your claim. As a QB neither had the change or body of work to from a decent opinion.

James Banks was a good WR. A really good one. JJ is a bigger angrier version of Hines Ward. Not even the same zipcode.

banks likes that lettuce too much... afaik JJ might be on a similar boat. not relevant. Banks never had the public outburst JJ did (wasn't a thing back then) most of what we know about banks comes from second, third hand info. JJ laid it down on twitter and the whole world saw it. Big mistake but he is a kid.

Comparing social outbursts from past players to now is impossible . Social media was in its infancy/didn't exist before and coaches/AD had real control over information the public saw. now no matter what if a player wants to they can facebook or twitter themselves to death. it really sucks for the players and coaches imo. These kids are not ready.

The eye test does it for me. Stats are meaningless without detail

Jennings and his family need to go have a mtg w/ Pruitt and Fulmer and lay out a plan for his return w/ 0% tolerance for Jennings if he is let back on the team...........I THINK THAT WOULD WORK as Jennings knows he wants to get drafted so he would then be a MODEL citizen for a year (I BELIEVE) !!

I think Jennings deserves another chance.

He’s very passionate about the Vols and let’s be real...

Who wouldn’t be frustrated having a coach like Butch that can’t develop talent nor put them in the best position to win?

Everyone makes mistakes.

There comes a time as an adult that you are no longer making a mistake, but making bad decisions that will at the very least, be held accountable for it. This was one of those times in Mr. Jennings life. Hopefully he learns from it and is able to move on.

Reactions: 4 people
should be left up to the team

Nope. This is not a democracy or a popularity contest. Set the rules, make the decision on violations and stand behind them. Jennings, by all accounts, has had numerous chances and has blown them all. He's gone and should stay gone...at least that's my 2 cents. Will be interesting to see what Pruitt decides, but it should be his decision. He's the head man. Own it and lead.

2 arrests. Not supporting his team. Demands to be played versus Vandy. Social media outburst. Speculation of not attending class and being baked while missing GA Tech practice. I don't like his odds of being successful with his 6th or 7th or whatever chance. I'll trust CJP to make the call whether it's worth investing in him as a member of the roster. I believe he's caught his last pass as a Tennessee Volunteer.

Reactions: 4 people
He should have never been kicked off the team to begin with. Punishment doesn't fit the crime. It's like giving someone the death penalty for putting some graffiti on a bridge. 1 game suspension should have been the maximum punishment. Feel like he was treated so harshly only because Butch's staff (and Currie) had so thoroughly lost control at that point.

Based on his language, he should be removed from the University of Tennessee as an unqualified student. Retake the ACT IMO

Nothing will change in the locker room if Pruitt takes cancers like Jennings back. I’d expect JP to move on from guys like this.

Hate on Bama all you want but if they have self centered guys like JJ, they are removed real fast.

I'll support whatever decision Pruitt makes but I'd want to hear from the team if Jennings is a cancer. I'd only take him back if the team wanted him and I got a really good feel from him after meeting him and outlining some rules for his return. All of that said if he's not academically eligible like I've heard the point is moot.

I know he embarrassed the old coaches and UT, but he's got heart and wants to make amends. IMHO he deserves another chance.

Also, embarrassed his wonderful parents and all his Franklin County relatives.

With that said, letting him back on the team sends the wrong message.

Wish Juaun the best of luck in all future endeavors

Reactions: 3 people
Based on his language, he should be removed from the University of Tennessee as an unqualified student. Retake the ACT IMO

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. We're going to revoke your qualification BC you can't play football? That's some absolute BS.

Also, embarrassed his wonderful parents and all his Franklin County relatives.

With that said, letting him back on the team sends the wrong message.

Wish Juaun the best of luck in all future endeavors

Oh BS. Going on a YouTube rant is stupid and should be punished but is it worse than a player drinking underage, fighting, smoking pot, stealing, etc? Idk what all Jennings has done but if the video was all then I think dismissing him from school is a little harsh.

Everyone that keeps accusing JJ of abandoning his teammates, staying stoned in his dorm, skipping classes and so in, do you have any proof or is it all hearsay? If so, how about a link or two.

School can’t release information like that. Hyams article is as much “proof” as you’re going to get. When you have a county clouded with smoke, do you need to see the fire before you abandon?

I'll be surprised if JJ is granted another opportunity to play football at TN, but if he is I hope he has zero tolerance conditions including deactivating all of his social media accounts. I just don't believe that he's capable of meeting any guidelines established for his return.

VN Store

Back