So please point out the progress you saw tonight;

Tackling- hardly
Blocking- hahahahahaha
Route running- nope
RB's picking up blitzes- still no
O line picking up blitzes- again, hahahahahaha

Freshman DBs- yes
LB play- maybe but tackling is an issue
There's more but I'll leave you with this thought. Every team in D! football is better than they were in their first game of the season unless there were numerous injuries. So while you guys point out every little tiny bit of improvement, I will say those things should be expected at a minimum.
I clearly stated the season as a whole that we have improved...tonight we didn’t improve that’s for sure. But this team has performed much better this year than last years team.

Reactions: feathersax
It is just me fooling around with some of the posts from that thread. I was reading some of them and they sound like something that was/has been posted on volnation and seeing as everyone is fighting among themselves I figured I would try the humor route.
I’ve gone with the vino route, but I like your version too.

Reactions: maotai
Mark Richt tried to be the HC and OC at GA. It wasn't working.
He finally hired Mike Bobo as OC and GA. became more efficient.
It's hard to be two people in one in the SEC. This whole team needs their HC's attention.

NO.... We need CJP to WIN the recruiting wars!!! That is all....

I was glad when Jones was let go. I think Pruitt knows football. My question to the "bad talent" leaning fans; When Jones lost to Fl and Ok and Ark, why was it Jones fault the players couldn't tackle, the D Line couldn't rush, and the DBs gave up way to many yards on 4th down? Now it is the players fault they can't tackle, can't block, can't rush, and give up big plays by the DBs?
Just asking for a friend.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
It's hard to be two people in one in the SEC. This whole team needs their HC's attention.
He's fine. Pruitt pretty good when a team is one dimensional, but we knew and feared the Miz balance. NFL draftee QB plus big OL and a running game plays hell on a team without Jimmy's and Joes. Tough to scheme against that. Just gotta take your medicine. That being said, 14 point swing on INT and fumble for 6 was 21 points...can't give them that when the margin is so slim to be able to compete.

I understand the point, but the UGA example is not a good comparison. When Mark Richt called the plays, UGA was competing for SEC championships. When he stopped doing that, the offense wasn’t the same.

Reactions: feathersax
Missouri, that bastion of football power with a high school stadium no $, and awful recruiting--has whipped us the last 5 out of 7 years.

South Carolina and Vandy have more or less done the same in the same span.

When will we finally return to some level of normalcy as a program?

I have no problem with that. But honestly, even Pittman would likely be struggling with this group. I mean a 270lb guard? Sheesh. We have no quality depth either. Botch put us way behind the 8 ball.
We're so damned far behind the '8 ball' we can't even see the damn thing. We are severely undermanned. Period. Pruitt's doing ok as a first year coach. He's taking his lumps on the field to be sure. But he does personally know what a big, fast & physical football team looks like and I think he'll build us one here. Or at least die trying, and I'm good with that.

I was glad when Jones was let go. I think Pruitt knows football. My question to the "bad talent" leaning fans; When Jones lost to Fl and Ok and Ark, why was it Jones fault the players couldn't tackle, the D Line couldn't rush, and the DBs gave up way to many yards on 4th down? Now it is the players fault they can't tackle, can't block, can't rush, and give up big plays by the DBs?

Because some people have this ridiculous notion that everything about football is directly on the coaches. Because they get paid, ultimately they are responsible. This type of thinking is incredibly dumb. Take our team right now for example. I played football when I was young. Started in pee wee and I played on the OL and DL. Guess what the first things I was taught? How to pass block, run block and tackle. These are BASIC techniques that our players just fail to execute. These are not complicated techniques.

Now lets just assume that all of our players at least played HS football. So after 4 years of HS football and some college coaching, they still dont know how to do those things? And thats coaching? No it most certainly is not. Yes coaching matters but if the players dont execute then coaching is irrelevant.

Mizzou's offense was a bad matchup for our defense. The play calling wasn't the issue today. Their guys simply lined up and whipped our guys. They did this to Florida too.

That's exactly right DD, whiped em like juenile delinquents for impersonating football player's

Reactions: dduncan4163
He's a good D Coordinator and I want him to stay that way. I think sometime he gambles too much but I guess he's just trying to make plays happen because we lack the latent clearly.

Hopefully this big recruiting weekend is a success minus the blowout loss.
He gambled so much being aggressive to compensate for weaknesses in players.

Play calling has not been the issue. We're getting whipped in the trenches on both sides of the ball. We're just going to have to be patient and let Pruitt build. It sucks but reality sometimes does.
I’m fine with that, I’m also a little pessimistic though because we were told the same about Dooley and butch... I’m all for being patient, however at some point patience has to pay off to be continually given... I sure hope we luck out with Pruitt because I’m tired of sucking, having said that I’ll believe it when I see it.. being blindly patient with coach after coach has not worked out well so far, I pray it finally does this time.

Reactions: a vol n tears
You said so yourself numbnuts, he's the newest one to the show.
How can he be the problem?

This is what I said:

"Didn't you get the memo? Anyone who beats us obviously has vastly superior talent than we do. There is no way in hades another staff could be better than ours."

So while nuts arent currently numb (and not sure why you'd think that or why youd be thinking about my nuts at all) I didnt blame the coaches as BOT suggested. I did point out how it is considered utter blasphemy to question anything about our coaching staff.

So if you have trouble comprehending other posts going forward PM and I'll break them down for you. And I promise to type super slow so you can understand the breakdown.

PS please dont think about my nuts anymore. It makes me uncomfortable. One suggestion would be to do some more nut hugging on this coaching staff to help convince yourself how lucky we are to have them.

Once again, it’s not the coaches. It’s basically the same Butch Jones assembled team from last season that some players on the team should have never been in the SEC to begin with.

It’s a group that was over rated when recruited and never coached up. Some are never going to get better and are playing at their peak potential now. Once we get the players Pruitt will be fine.

Once again, it’s not the coaches. It’s basically the same Butch Jones assembled team from last season that some players on the team should have never been in the SEC to begin with.

It’s a group that was over rated when recruited and never coached up. Some are never going to get better and are playing at their peak potential now. Once we get the players Pruitt will be fine.
Keep drinking the orange cool-aid. We are now 11 games into his first season and no one really knows (if we were all being honest) whether Pruitt could coach his way out of a paper bag?? That should scare the heck out of fans

Reactions: hog88
Keep drinking the orange cool-aid. We are now 11 games into his first season and no one really knows (if we were all being honest) whether Pruitt could coach his way out of a paper bag?? That should scare the heck out of fans

Yeah, 11 games in with a team Botch put together. There is no kool aid left to drink. It is what it is.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
A new coach doesn't make mistakes until around year 3

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
The amount of times our offense gave Mizzou the ball back from 3 and outs plus turnovers made things significantly worse. I still think we can get it done against the commonwhores

A win and a bowl game no matter how low it is would open some recruiting doors. We need to rebuild from the inside out. We have the coaches now who know the SEC now let's get some of those really good players out there.....Some day soon we will be playing in Atlanta on the first Saturday in December....Hope I live that long.

VN Store

Back