Josiah James Impact Next Year?

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
If Grant Williams comes next year along with Josiah James coming in, that’s another great duo right there when Schofield leaves.

Josiah will be a match up nightmare that opens up the floor for Williams. He needs more touches.

Next year is looking like another NCAA Tournament team so there’s no real reason to panic right now.

Barnes is recruiting really well and it only gets better from here.

I expect he will slide into Admiral's starting spot or be the 6th man and Bowden slides into the starting lineup. He is capable of playing 1-3 and maybe even the 4 in a small ball lineup.

1 - Bone
2 - Turner
3 - Bowden
4 - Grant
5 - Burns
^That's what I expect with James, Fulky, Pons, Johnson off the bench.

I expect he will slide into Admiral's starting spot or be the 6th man and Bowden slides into the starting lineup. He is capable of playing 1-3 and maybe even the 4 in a small ball lineup.

1 - Bone
2 - Turner
3 - Bowden
4 - Grant
5 - Burns

We need more size.

1 - Bone
2 - Turner
3 - Bowden
4 - Grant
5 - Burns
Walker will be in the mix too

Yeah as long as Bone and Grant both come back I definitely feel like next years team can still be a contender for the SEC championship. The year after that may be a bit of a rebuilding year with Bone, Bowden, Turner, and Williams all leaving, but Coach Barnes is recruiting well

I think James is the only freshman ready for a big season next year. We may have another player coming in have to wait and see what Grant does or who transfers. I hope we look at any grad transfers that could help immediately and of course have to hope players like Pons and Fulkerson will develop into big time players. If Burns can give us around a double double or at least as good or better minutes that we got from Alexander I see no drop off if Grant comes back. I know Admiral is a bigtime player but I think James can fill his role well enough to make us a contender for the title again.
Kentucky a lot of losses, Auburn will lose a couple, I expect the big guy freshman at LSU to go Pro, maybe some defections because of pay to play. Our biggest scare is having to replace Grant hopefully Barnes has a plan.

Right now I saw a mock draft that listed Grant as number 20 first rounder don't see him coming back with that money right there to be collected.

If Grant Williams comes next year along with Josiah James coming in, that’s another great duo right there when Schofield leaves.

Josiah will be a match up nightmare that opens up the floor for Williams. He needs more touches.

Next year is looking like another NCAA Tournament team so there’s no real reason to panic right now.

I hope GW and Bone comes back next year. Everyone is a year older and hopefully ready to contribute. One thing JJ brings that we haven't had in the last few years. Confidence. Someone that ends scoring droughts by getting LOTS OF BUCKETS!

I think you will see Fulkerson, fill Alexander's spot. I think what he showed in the last 6-8 games is enough to see he is 100% back from his injury; plus the energy he brings will be close to matching Admiral's.

I think many of yall will be in for a surprise. GW is only a bout 50/50 to be back. We will be good regardless. If he does go I think JJ comes in and ia a 15/5/3 guy and we still make the NCAA.

We need defense at the center position. Hopefully Burns is the real deal or we recruit someone else. Nobody on our roster playing now is worth more than a few minutes a game.

I think you will see Fulkerson, fill Alexander's spot. I think what he showed in the last 6-8 games is enough to see he is 100% back from his injury; plus the energy he brings will be close to matching Admiral's.

Disagree. Fulky is perfect in the role he is in now. The hope is Burns or the kid From Georgia can hopefully reclassify to fill KA's spot.

I want grant and bone to stay for selfish reasons. However I want those plus schofield and Alexander to have the best lives ever they have earned their shot at making a good living.

Reactions: OrangenSC
We lose schofield and Alexander. If grant and/or bone leave we are in trouble

If we lose Grant (which I believe is likely), Tennessee should have three seniors guards that can help carry the team. Plus, I would like to think that would open a scholarship for a starting caliber grad transfer. We won’t be in Final Four contention but should still be a tournament team without Grant next year.

Bone
Turner
Bowden
Big man
Fulkerson

James
Pons
Johnson
Burns

That team can still win 20 games especially if Pons can continue to improve

Bone
Turner
James
Fulkerson
Burns
Off the bench : Pons, Johnson , Walker, Bowden
This roster can reach 25 wins next no doubt .

If Grant is a projected first rounder he will not be back. Has his degree and his stock is not going to rise next year

Reactions: k-town_king
If we lose Grant (which I believe is likely), Tennessee should have three seniors guards that can help carry the team. Plus, I would like to think that would open a scholarship for a starting caliber grad transfer. We won’t be in Final Four contention but should still be a tournament team without Grant next year.

Bone
Turner
Bowden
Big man
Fulkerson

James
Pons
Johnson
Burns

That team can still win 20 games especially if Pons can continue to improve

The problem with everyone starting Bone-Turner-Bowden is that it makes us extremely small and a rebounding nightmare.

Even if you add Williams and Fulkerson , they are 6-7 and 6-9. If you think we haven’t been consistent on the boards this season, and we haven’t especially when Alexander is out, this suggested lineup would be even worse.

What we need is a reliable 6-10+ center, another 6-7ish forward to go with Williams, and one of the guards to come off the bench along with Fulkerson. IMO obviously.

1 - Bone
2 - Turner
3 - Bowden
4 - Grant
5 - Burns
I don't see a lottery pick coming off the bench.

Reactions: TBrown and Boca Vol

VN Store

Back