Josh Pate says Vols will

He had the #1 class in the country in 2005
Some of these idiots just regurgitate the same untrue b.s. . His recruiting didn’t fall offf, he hired Dave Clawson who was the worst coordinator in Tennessee history until Dooley hired sal sunseri.

Some of these idiots just regurgitate the same untrue b.s. . His recruiting didn’t fall offf, he hired Dave Clawson who was the worst coordinator in Tennessee history until Dooley hired sal sunseri.

His recruiting suffered badly his last few years. Iirc, he only signed 18 players in his last class, and they were mostly marginal three stars. He could not even sign a full class.

Fulmer was crap
Fulmer brought us a National Championship and yes the team had fallen off but he didn't deserve to be fired. You may not have liked him but his record stands by itself, so give me his crap over all of the ones that have followed him any time.

Fulmer won because he had the best players in the country at the time. Had nothing to do with coaching
So why do you think Saban has won like he has? Because he has the best players in the country. Get over your hatred for Fulmer. I think you're just an alabama troll.

Reactions: jarnol32
So... OMiss ran for 200+ on Bama, but we're gonna stop em?? Seriously doubt we'll do any better. We will HAVE to score 45+ IMO to win. We cannot stop them with our current defensive personnel. Hopefully they ll give us some turnovers.

I think.
WoodsmanVol, you shouldn't do that, you'll hurt yourself.
I think Saturday night is apple-picking time.
Huh?! Woods, it's a football game, not an orchard harvest!
Ole Miss. will find the Vols surprisingly (for them) good at neutralizing their runs.
See, Woods, I told you when you think it hurts you.
You see, good fenses makes pizzed off neighbors.
What the..???
Then they start throwing things, and it becomes apple-picking time.
Woodsie, here are 15 aspirin, I knew you'd need them.
I think we end up giving their runs, the runs.
GROAN.
That's what happens when eat too many sweet things.
Lie down Woods, get some rest. You might feel better Sunday morning.
Oh, it's apple-picking time. It's apple-picking time. Pippin, Mcintosh, Granny Smith, Fuji, Gala, Golden delicious, it's apple-picking time!

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3541791/tennessee_medium.gif

Last edited:
Go Vols! I just want to get this win sooo bad. These boys and us fans deserve it. Beat Ole Miss🍊🍊🍊🍊

Dave Clawson has Wake Forest undefeated (6-0) right now and ranked #16 with a good shot at winning the ACC. WAKE FOREST. He also resurrected Bowling Green to championship status after "being the worst coordinator in Tennessee history." Funny. Clawson wasn't the issue. Phil's meddling in Clawson's offense was the issue.

Reactions: jeff1vol
He had the #1 class in the country in 2005
And did nothing with it evidently. If you go back and compare the draft picks (number and round), there is a huge difference between 1995 to 2001 versus 2002 to 2007. It was a stunning drop in talent. Some of that might be considered a drop in development as well but it was mostly talent level.

All you have to do is add up the NFL draft picks in Phil’s last 5 years versus the late 90’s through 2001 and you’ll see the difference. The talent level was not the same and that’s just simple fact.

His recruiting suffered badly his last few years. Iirc, he only signed 18 players in his last class, and they were mostly marginal three stars. He could not even sign a full class.
Trying to remember. Didn’t Kiffin have to start two walk-on O linemen or was it Dooley? Thought I recall it was because Phil signed no linemen in his last class.

Look. Everybody acknowledges that Phil was a great head coach for us. Can’t argue with his record and his passion for the university. You also can’t argue that he got complacent which led to a drop in recruiting and you can’t argue about his stubbornness in retaining coaches who needed to go. He had a great run that ended. Not much else to say. And again, I don’t know why this has to be discussed every year. Much more interested in the future and if Heupel can bring us back.

Dude's spot on.
Saturday nite will mark the beginning of the reemergence of what TN used to be.
If it turns out that way. Mr White will look around that stadium in 4th quarter and say to his family: "We are not in Orlando anymore....Smile and then say Made the right call."

Reactions: SockeyeVol
I'd love that but we must face reality. It won't be a reemergence, rather a prelude of what's to come. Not until our recruiting is back on par with what it once was will we be back to terrorizing the SEC and power 5 OOC opponents. I share your sentiments, but we still have to plow the field, plant the seedlings, and finally harvest the crop. All in good time, grasshopper, all in good time.
But what if your wrong? What if we win out ? Lol just messing but still what if? This team is energetic and believing in one another. Sometimes that’s all you need. GBO!

Two of his last four recruiting classes were ranked outside the top 25. I think I’d define that as falling off.

Reactions: TennTom
So why do you think Saban has won like he has? Because he has the best players in the country. Get over your hatred for Fulmer. I think you're just an alabama troll.

Saban, much like Fulmer made his way through the ranks as a really good coach. Also, like Fulmer after becoming a head coach became more of a CEO type. Unlike Fulmer, he's shown no fear of hiring great coaches as his assistants. He's also got an unlimited budget to hire great coaches as "quality control consultants" There are 12 guys with head coaching gigs that owe their jobs to time with Saban. Fulmer has two coordinators that have head coaching gigs. I am hard pressed to say that Dave Clawson owes his job to Fulmer, but he was a coordinator under Fulmer. Saban seeks out former head coaches and Fulmer was scared of them.

Dudes and dudettes!

This thread isn't about Fulmer! It's about this fella named Josh Pate, who does a vlog on YouTube about college football. Mostly SEC football, though he expands his horizon from time to time.

And the dude wears white t-shirts. That is applicable to the thread.

But Fulmer isn't applicable to the thread.

Because, see, this fella, Josh Pate, he picked the Vols to whup the Rebel Yell out of Ole Miss this coming weekend.

That is what this is about. Get back on topic, you goofballs! :)

He had both Tajh Boyd and Bryce Petty ready to come here until Kiffin said "No thanks, don't want you" to both. Who really truly knows what could've happened in 2009-11 if they rich old fogies didn't finally have a (weak) reason to fire him before he touched Neyland's all-time wins record.

Trying to remember. Didn’t Kiffin have to start two walk-on O linemen or was it Dooley? Thought I recall it was because Phil signed no linemen in his last class.

Kiffin started both of the walk-on Sullins brothers. Weren't highly rated but those guys played their hearts out. They stood up to bammer's d-line.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back