Josh Pate says Vols will

Fulmer was not crap, he hired good coordinators and they coached the team. Fulmer was the CEO just like a head coach should be. Once the good coordinators left Fulmer failed to hired reasonable replacements and it cost him his job. He got revenge by hiring cornbread and sucking millions of dollars out of the university.
Contradicting yourself

He's crap bc he "sought revenge"

Weak and pathetic

Brandon Turnage and Theo Jackson need to be on the field at the same time.....but imo if the d line is healthy and hungry enough to get pressure on Corral the whole game and UT offense can run the ball like they did against Missouri, i mean i don't think it's gonna be a tightly contested ball game then...When at war you leave no doubt!.....just my 2 cents

Reactions: FïreBall
I'd love that but we must face reality. It won't be a reemergence, rather a prelude of what's to come. Not until our recruiting is back on par with what it once was will we be back to terrorizing the SEC and power 5 OOC opponents. I share your sentiments, but we still have to plow the field, plant the seedlings, and finally harvest the crop. All in good time, grasshopper, all in good time.
I agree, hence the word Beginning. I'd like to see it my lifetime which means about 10 more years. git er done.

Better than Nebraska or Florida? Not really.

His fatal flaw was simple. He either would not or could not hire an OC he could trust other than David Cutcliffe.
And his recruiting after 2001 went to 💩.

I'd love that but we must face reality. It won't be a reemergence, rather a prelude of what's to come. Not until our recruiting is back on par with what it once was will we be back to terrorizing the SEC and power 5 OOC opponents. I share your sentiments, but we still have to plow the field, plant the seedlings, and finally harvest the crop. All in good time, grasshopper, all in good time.
High school football talent is way up in our state. Right now it looks like 9 of our top 10 prospects have committed out of state for 2022. We need to shut this down and keep our boys at home! Take our state back and we will be reckoned with!

So... OMiss ran for 200+ on Bama, but we're gonna stop em?? Seriously doubt we'll do any better. We will HAVE to score 45+ IMO to win. We cannot stop them with our current defensive personnel. Hopefully they ll give us some turnovers.

I have learned that most of the time an "expert" picks a game it normally doesnt turn out too well. Hoping this guy has a clue. GBO!!!!!!!!!

So... OMiss ran for 200+ on Bama, but we're gonna stop em?? Seriously doubt we'll do any better. We will HAVE to score 45+ IMO to win. We cannot stop them with our current defensive personnel. Hopefully they ll give us some turnovers.
The problem for them is they will not be able to stop our run either. They are going to have to put more people in the box.

Fulmer screwed Fulmer.

If he wasn’t lazy and too stubborn to change his philosophy, things might have been turned out differently for him. Hell, he may still be coaching here.

However, his way of playing football is out dated and wouldn’t work in the SEC now.
out dated post..imo

Fulmer was a mediocre coach and a great recruiter that surrounded himself with great assistant coaches. His teams were consistently loaded with talent, with only a few other teams comparable in that regard. If Tennessee played a team with a comparable talent level, that was well coached, he usually lost. Gotta give him credit for putting together a good staff and for his recruiting, but he was a mediocre head coach that usually just out talented other teams. Just my opinion, everybody's got one.

VN Store

Back