Josh Palmer quote on Harrison Bailey (could mean Bailey starts?)

That would be awesome and I would love for that to happen.......only negative thing that I would say is that just confirms Pruitts idiocy and he should be fired with cause for coaching malfeasance.
Or he was playing it smart get Salter and start impressing in year 4 and going up by winning do something Dabo ish. We can hope?

Reactions: NATHAN05
Or he was playing it smart get Salter and start impressing in year 4 and going up by winning do something Dabo ish. We can hope?
Lose momentum and recruits and fan confidence in the meantime?
source.gif

I would like to know what you have observed.
As a D2 QB coach....I notice a lot of changes in HB. He is stiffer, more robotic, wider stance. But what do I know right? You liked the sarcastic post by the other kid attacking any credibility I may have. Watch the videos and watch his play yourself. I hope he does great. He has a better internal clock than JG. Its my last comment on it. I hope he helps us win but I don't trust the staff with him.

As a D2 QB coach....I notice a lot of changes in HB. He is stiffer, more robotic, wider stance. But what do I know right? You liked the sarcastic post by the other kid attacking any credibility I may have. Watch the videos and watch his play yourself. I hope he does great. He has a better internal clock than JG. Its my last comment on it. I hope he helps us win but I don't trust the staff with him.
Maurer could of took it if he didn't keep getting hurt.
Bailey should take the next step he has size. But next year Salter I am going to want to see.

We just got to get JG out of here!

Last edited:
Reactions: IncognitoVawl
Actually I like posts sometimes for the sarcasm not necessarily the point so don’t take it personally. I actually do value the information you provided here and will consider when and if we get to see Bailey on the field. Sometimes I believe players can be over coached with regards to their natural movements. I know of one basketball player for ETSU about 15 yeas ago who had a natural jump shot and free throw motion in high school. In college his shot was more line drive and his free throw % dropped from 85-90% in high school to about 60% for his ETSU career. I believe coaches messed up his natural shooting form but that is just my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: IncognitoVawl
I’m inclined to believe you as far as trusting the staff but then I know JG was not a coachable subject IMO.

Let’s just hope HB plays good Saturday and keeps it competitive. A win against A&M or Florida could really help the confidence going forward. Pruitt will be the coach next year with a 3-7 record. It’s a bad year but at the end of the day we just have come to accept bad years. Atleast we get basketball next Wednesday!

Problem is that Pruitt said one of the qb had covid. If that is the only reason Bailey were to start, jg will be back, watch and see. Regardless of how well Bailey plays; jg will be back. If Bailey almost makes a mistake, jg will be back, and Lord forbid if he fumbles or throws an int. Jg will be back.
HB was starting regardless and JG has seen his last start.

I'd really like to think we could win, but I don't see it.

Even if Harrison Bailey plays great and puts up, say 31 or 28 or 35 points (well above where we've been most of the season), Florida still probably hangs 40+ on us. Tough to go from 13 and 17 points up to 45-50 overnight.

Feel like our only shot is if Florida plays it's worst game of the season and turns the ball over a few times. And Bailey plays incredible on top of that.
The key is the running game. Florida has trouble stopping the run.

Reactions: tennrich1

Even if Harrison Bailey plays great and puts up, say 31 or 28 or 35 points (well above where we've been most of the season), Florida still probably hangs 40+ on us. Tough to go from 13 and 17 points up to 45-50 overnight.

Feel like our only shot is if Florida plays it's worst game of the season and turns the ball over a few times. And Bailey plays incredible on top of that.

Our defense is better than advertised.

It’s been over a month since our offense has spotted the defense any kind of help and points and kept them off the field.

If we score 28+ points, I’d argue we are winning the time of possession battle. Our defense can’t sustain itself as we’ve seen when our offense stalls out like a mofo week after week

Yep, our O would need to get 21 on its own. The D would need to score x2 probably. UF will march the field, but needs to throw a pic in the EZ and/or fumble after a long drive etc to blow off 2 easy scores. Maybe miss an XP to keep it 35-34. It'll take something like that for this fantasy to work.

But, if it happened, CJP could save himself for 20' at least.

The key is the running game. Florida has trouble stopping the run.
Watch out! You’ll excoriated for stating what most good football minds understand as the game plan. CLEARLY running the ball will be paramount I don’t care how many are in the box. It accomplishes so many different things that we MUST do to even have a chance. I’m glad there’s AT LEAST one on here who understands that. AND NO TURNOVERS! After the first two games I stated no turnovers were the key to victories and was literally attack as that being foolish. Sometimes I do wonder what level of understanding we have on this site.

Watch out! You’ll excoriated for stating what most good football minds understand as the game plan. CLEARLY running the ball will be paramount I don’t care how many are in the box. It accomplishes so many different things that we MUST do to even have a chance. I’m glad there’s AT LEAST one on here who understands that. AND NO TURNOVERS! After the first two games I stated no turnovers were the key to victories and was literally attack as that being foolish. Sometimes I do wonder what level of understanding we have on this site.

4ea67cea5e548fd633dc7b1754b5b523.gif

You nailed, run the ball and don't give it away.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Should prolly start one of your own and only allow enlightened fellers on. You have a computer?

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Should prolly start one of your own and only allow enlightened fellers on. You have a computer?
Hahaha...You'd be the first I would invite to join...but after I culled the ones who CLEARLY know minimal about the game I'm afraid it'd just be you, rikberry31, and me and that would get sooooo boring!!!

Reactions: butchna
If it’s true that HB is starting, it’s pathetic on the coaches’ part that they waited until freakin Florida to do so. He could’ve been developing this whole time and got meaningful in-game experience. Instead, ole cornbread stuck with JG, the turnover king.

Our defense is better than advertised.

It’s been over a month since our offense has spotted the defense any kind of help and points and kept them off the field.

If we score 28+ points, I’d argue we are winning the time of possession battle. Our defense can’t sustain itself as we’ve seen when our offense stalls out like a mofo week after week
I think our defense is talented but the poor safety play has been a problem. Injuries to Taylor, Shamburger's weird situation, Henry trying to play MLB at 225 and Thompson playing all year with a torn pectoral has been a problem and now we've lost our best disruptor in Bennett on the line, our defense has struggled this year and I think those are all reasons as to why. If healthy and everyone comes back I think we'll see much improvement on that side of the ball next season.

Reactions: Volfan1114

VN Store

Back