Josh Heupel: Vol Legend in the Making

We all know where we are.

We all know where we want to be as a program.

We have all the tools to get back. We've just been missing the coach that puts it all together.

Josh Heupel is going to be the guy. I think he has done more with less. I think he's a young guy that gets it. He's a winning QB. I think he has the opportunity to be the next big thing.

I am going to give him a 100% shot. It's going to be rough the next couple of years, but I think we'll see Heupel come out and have us competitive even with the deck stacked against us.

Heupel is going to be a legend at Tennessee.

The only---and ONLY problem is--what if Oklahoma comes calling when we're on the edge of creating something special.

I am ready to get Hype for Heupel.
Good grief.

Oh lord. The 10+ wins and taking the east threads are going to come early this year

No doubt. It's March now. I expect us to be 7-5 by months end. By June we should be 8-4 to 9-3 and challenging for the East if the ball bounces right. By mid August were looking at a probable 10-2 or 11-1 and a roll of the dice in SEC Championship game. Here we go again folks ... The Vol Off-Season dynasty lives on in version 5.0!!!

Reactions: Kngsport VFL

We have all the tools to get back. We've just been missing the coach that puts it all together.

Josh Heupel is going to be the guy. I think he has done more with less. I think he's a young guy that gets it. He's a winning QB. I think he has the opportunity to be the next big thing.

I am going to give him a 100% shot. It's going to be rough the next couple of years, but I think we'll see Heupel come out and have us competitive even with the deck stacked against us.

The only---and ONLY problem is--what if Oklahoma comes calling when we're on the edge of creating something special.

I love your enthusiasm and hope you are right. I am pulling for Heupel but not yet ready to crown him a Tennessee legend before he coaches his first game.

I will take it if he is successful enough that Oklahoma wants to poach him. If so that will mean we have made it back and are competing in the playoffs. One note on this is that Lincoln Riley is a fairly young coach. Don’t know if he leaves Oklahoma. Maybe if the NFL comes calling or maybe Bama when Saban retires.

No doubt. It's March now. I expect us to be 7-5 by months end. By June we should be 8-4 to 9-3 and challenging for the East if the ball bounces right. By mid August were looking at a probable 10-2 or 11-1 and a roll of the dice in SEC Championship game. Here we go again folks ... The Vol Off-Season dynasty lives on in version 5.0!!!
1614554122013.png

And so...this surprises or disappoints or flummoxes you somehow? :)

That we have people who are devoteees? Enthusiastic? Ardent admirers?

How about let's let fans be fans. Does no harm, except to the tender feelings of Nega-Vols.

Definition of FAN

Reactions: OrangeRaid Vol #1

He needs to stay out of S&C. He came in and toyed with UFC’s S&C and they immediately declined while their O put up great numbers. Scott Frost was training those kids right. Best thing Pruitt ever did was hire Fitz. He left and our team went to crap. Same thing happened at UFC. They hired on Zach Duval and went from 6-7 to 13-0 and 12-1 punching people in the mouths both years. Huepel comes in and changes their S&C program and we fall apart. Butch Jones comes in and crushed it with the original S&C coach and then promotes an assistant because Hamilton wouldn’t give him enough money to replace Lawson and we went to crap then too. It is CLEAR S&C is way more important than so many think and there are three examples of teams who payed the price for changing it up. Granted Fitz quit, but I still blame everything around him for not keeping him here. Other than that, I have to say... this staff looks pretty good.

Look,we're not getting the death penalty,so we are playing games.Unless.we.can only field.9 players at a time because of Lucy Emmett of the ncaa ladies auxiliary core,we will have a shot in games.They can take away schollies,cut down on recruiting trips,but,they cannot take away players that are already here.We'll "dance with them that being ya"and piss on the rest.Go Vols

I just hope JH can consistently beat UK, SC, Vandy and Missouri. And maybe have 1 win against UF. UGA and Bama are out of the question.
I actually think we might have a better chance against uga than we do against the gators simply because uga still runs that ground and pound old school offense and although they might have the best defense in the sec we saw what happened when they went up against a high pressure high flying offense.Im not saying we are gonna beat either 1 but we might can make games against teams like uga that depend on defense and old school offense very uncomfortable for them and with a break or 2 win.

Last edited:
If we qualify for a bowl next year, it will be a miracle. I would love to see 10 wins, but I think that is ridiculous. I'm not even excited about our coaching hire. I hope he proves me wrong. I think Dooley would have learned and turned into a decent coach by now if he had stayed. I'm sure I'll get roasted for saying that, but I don't think we would be in worse shape if he was still here. We would also have shower discipline so our program wouldn't have been nailed for being dirty.

I don't know, no one knows what he will be. But if he is going to try and win with basketball scores, he will win 7 to 10 games a year. And for me winning 55 to 50 is not good football to watch. Despite what everyone says you don't win a championship without a top 10 defense. Yes defenses are giving up more points now. But the championship teams give up maybe 20 or 24 pts a game. They win games 45-24.

I actually think we might have a better chance against uga than we do against the gators simply because uga still runs that ground and pound old school offense and although they might have the best defense in the sec we saw what happened when they went up against a high pressure high flying offense.Im not saying we are gonna beat either 1 but we might can make games against teams like uga that depend on defense and old school offense very uncomfortable for them and with a break or 2 win.
They don't have a 4th string midget QB starting this year

This coming season is going to be rough, It will take some time to install that exciting offense...We'll see improvement but i am not expecting the world in his first couple of years...I hope he will improve the team and I think he will but you and I both know the second he loses a game all hell will break loose and the fans will want his head on a plate...I for one are tired of wanting heads on a plate so I am going to support our new coach and coaches and hope for the best.....I got nothing left...

With every new hire we always see “what if (insert school name here) comes calling?”

It’s sad the 17 year Fulmer Era did not produce one single qualified coach that we could call home as a HC

Reactions: vol94

Probably will get roasted by some on here. I posted a similar comment and you would believe just how many folks are filled with only negativity. I am all for your enthusiasm and outlook. Go Vols!

Reactions: OrangeRaid Vol #1
With every new hire we always see “what if (insert school name here) comes calling?”

It’s sad the 17 year Fulmer Era did not produce one single qualified coach that we could call home as a HC

Cut was the only asst coach that was head coach material. I don’t recall any other asst coaches making it as head coach. Well, Sanders @ ETSU now.

Reactions: VaBornVol

I feel like we've heard this before....

Reactions: iluvsmesumdooley

Drinking the OrangeRade, huh. Might as well believe right now. It is more fun. Reality can always set in soon enough during the season, if the drink goes sour.

How many games into the fall until we want him fired? Asking for a friend.
I said he was a “meh” hire, but that doesn’t mean I want him gone already. Truth is, if we can win at least 7 a year, we may as well keep him. This school will never hire a big name, so just keep our latest diamond-in-the-rough, don’t give him any extensions, and keep him if he wants to stay. Thia program is a bottom feeder now - I’ve accepted it. Heck, I thought we should have kept Butch because I knew we’d s*** the bed again. Actually ugraded with this guy (although an amoeba would have been an upgrade from Cornbread Boondoggle).

And in October we're 2-4 and some folks wanna fire him because he hasn't won enough. More and better players will be required for us to compete.

Reactions: livefaith
Dooley is going to be snatched up by Georgia.
Jones is going to be snatched up by Michigan/Notre Dame.
Pruitt is going to be snatched up by Alabama.

Some of you never learn.

Reactions: lifeisdeep

Gee, never heard this type of hype for a UT football coach the past 12 years!

Reactions: lifeisdeep

VN Store

Back