*Heupel on #Vols’ defense not having forced any turnovers so far this season: It’s not for a lack of stressing it. At the end of the day, you’ve got to continue to get your hands on balls. We’ve had our hands on a couple. Just got to continue to strain and play hard.
* Byron Young will be able to play this week. He’s a guy who’s grown a lot within our program. He’s added 25, 30 pounds since joining us in January. I think he’s going to add some things we need.
* I really like a lot of what Tyler Baron has done so far this year.
* We’ve seen Joe Milton hit those plays in practices and scrimmages. There’s plenty of guys running behind the defense that we’ve got to hit.
* I thought Hendon Hooker answered the bell with a lot of positive things throughout the course of the game. Obviously, we’ve got to take care of the ball.
* Tiyon Evans was moving around OK today. All those injured guys, we don’t know anything for certain on them right now.
* We’re going to find out a lot about our football team from the way they approach being in the building today.” Just being in the team meeting and being on the field with them, good energy, but also able to flip the switch and move on.
* I thought Kingston Harris did a good job. We felt we weren’t as deep as we wanted to be on the OL heading into the season. Thought Harris played pretty well during the course of the game. There are some things in pass protection we’ve got to do a better job of.
* Heupel says there are “multiple factors” that will be taken into consideration this week, including Milton’s health, in deciding on a starting quarterback.
* Watching the video — Joe knows this, too — there are some opportunities to make some plays in the passing game. They’re plays we have to make. He’s shown he has the ability to do that. Don’t know where Milton is health-wise at this moment.
* “I think we all believe we have a chance to be a good football team.”