Josh Heupel noon press conference

He addressed that with “control the controllables” could be categorized as coach speak, but didn’t come across that way…more as grounded. What I liked was that he didn’t duck questions or completely disregard them or worse cliche over them…he answered in human english. Win the introductory press conference is one thing, making these sessions non-cringey is new territory.
:p:p:p:p

Reactions: KptVFL
Coach Heupel, make it happen. I really hope this works out and we get back to respectability. We’ve been disrespected for so long with our boneheaded coaching hires. Pruitt was worst hire EVER😵‍💫
Exactly. We made 3 really bad choices in a row and you can blame the administration for that. Cost us about 15 years of wandering in the wilderness. Can’t say Kiffin was a bad choice since he wasn’t there that long. We just hired him at the wrong time in his career when he thought he was all that. I think he has been brought back down to earth a bit. Praying that Heupel is the real deal but it’s going to take a couple of years.

I have no clue about the smock. It did look maybe comfortable but out of service maybe. That tie doesn’t even look like any vol colors on it.
That tie and jacket looked like something my grandmother bought my grandad, to wear to church when he was 40...he’s now 90!
GBO!!

Reactions: KptVFL
Was the Golesh interview posted?
Yes, it is part of the press conference. He speaks last. If you go to UT sports and click on the interview the part I'm talking about was right around the 1:11 mark. Think the whole thing was about 1:15 or so.

Yes, it is part of the press conference. He speaks last. If you go to UT sports and click on the interview the part I'm talking about was right around the 1:11 mark. Think the whole thing was about 1:15 or so.
Both coordinators are impressive. Golesh is a very sharp guy. Let’s see what they can do with the hands they have been dealt. Should be fun to watch!

I learned how to pronounce our head coach’s name..!
I liked his special attention to building the team off the field. He went out of his way to emphasize that and I have to believe that’s one of the most significant “ issues” he found after he got here. Serious lack of unit cohesion. GBO..!!

They need to win games, not press conferences.

That being said, Heupel is infinitely more enjoyable than Pruitt and I expect to see a more enjoyable product on the field.

May not win a ton of games early on but it'll be better than the miserable grind of watching Pruitt set offensive football back 30 years and make an ass of himself on the sidelines weekly.

VN Store

Back