Josh Heupel and Tennessee lining up a strong 2023 recruiting class

You did watch the Missouri and South Carolina WINS last year, right?

The problem with BVS is that it has people presenting the appearance of rational discussion while they are actually discussing their feelings.

Well excuse me if the last 14 years hasn't grizzled my optimism just a tad. Ill believe it when I see it. Right now I just dont feel like giving credit to anybody until I see the fruits of that labor in the win column.

The problem with BVS is that it has people presenting the appearance of rational discussion while they are actually discussing their feelings.
I am as battered as the best of them. But I still think Heupel did a fantastic job last year and the off-season recruiting performance this spring is awesome. I am just trying to keep an even keel emotionally. I remember that I felt optimistic after the initial seasons of the last 3 coaches before the wheels eventually came off. So I remain guardedly hopeful while waiting Season 2. We should know by the end of it if we finally struck the coaching Gold motherlode or of we just struck another vein of pyrite.
Keep hoping, chin up, and GO VOLS

I am as battered as the best of them. But I still think Heupel did a fantastic job last year and the off-season recruiting performance this spring is awesome. I am just trying to keep an even keel emotionally. I remember that I felt optimistic after the initial seasons of the last 3 coaches before the wheels eventually came off. So I remain guardedly hopeful while waiting Season 2. We should know by the end of it if we finally struck the coaching Gold motherlode or of we just struck another vein of pyrite.
Keep hoping, chin up, and GO VOLS
Hey man, I'm as battered as anyone. I have high hopes for CJH from what I've seen, but won't give him credit for future success until I see future success.

Now with that said, that doesn't stop me from giving him credit for what I've seen so far and am seeing now. I think he probably had the team punching above their weight last year in win/loss column for a first year coach with the talent/body deficit he had. I am excited about recruiting and don't see any reason to make excuses against what he's doing, as some of the miserable here seem to *feel* the need to constantly do.

I get it. I feel the effect of previous battering. I understand being guarded. But that's not what we see out of some people. We see completely irrational cowardice.

Imagine a woman that was mentally and physically abused by her ex. She enters the dating pool with the mindset, "All men are wife-beating pieces of **** until one proves me wrong."

Well, with that irrational mindset, no matter how much she feels she's earned carrying it, she'll likely never get close enough to the guy that'll prove it. She'll likely live and die a damaged, jaded, unhappy and lonely life and the piece of **** ex will have ultimately won.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Honestly couldn’t be more pleased with the guy. Recruits well, coaches a fun offense, genuinely seems to be a decent human being. Huge departure from the last few guys we’ve had as head coach.

Agreed, although I am still in a wait and see on the recruiting part. I do like the fact that he seems to be a normal, up-front, decent guy and the kids like him. Compared with our last 4, or even Paycheck Phil at the end of his tenure, that is a huge leap forward.

He's doing very well NOW. He did well in the transfer portal. Also to end 2022 class.

But he wasn't killing it at UCF imo.
It was top 3rd in that conference but at a place like UCF he could have maybe should have been #1 in AAC.
I mean Cincy, Houston, & Memphis were in that conference and their recruiting grounds ain't exactly chopped liver. We see what Cincy has been for the last few years. We know how important the Memphis area is to our recruiting. Houston has a top 5 Population which means there will always be players there. UCF is in FL but so are 3 other powerhouse schools, 4-5 more in state schools, UGA and everyone else that wants a track star. The AAC is tougher than a couple of these power 5 conferences. They're recruiting at a high level, not SEC Champ level but still a high level. Recruiting is very simple, either you can or you can't. Tennessee recruits itself. The only way I see a coach completely failing in recruiting at UT is if he is a complete idiot.

Even as a kid, I remember John Ward listing off high schools on the radio for Willie Gault and so many more of the boys on gameday: some Californias, lots of North Carolina, lots of Georgias, lots of Floridas, some of South Carolina, some Ohios, lots of Tennessee high schools, but not more than half.
Don't act like Vol history is all Tennessee boys. It never was in the TV age.

I have posted it before, but I believe NIL is going to be the end of running the table for championship seasons every year. We are going to see more and more 1, 2 and maybe even 3 loss teams winning national championships like in the NFL as the talent gets spread more evenly due to NIL. This actually makes the games more meaningful. NIL is going to bring parody in a fashion to the top half of the SEC.
Parity 😉

Reactions: SpookyAction
Heupel is like a modern day Urban Meyer or Steve Spurrier. When he gets all his guys in , no one will be able to stop us. Glad we got him.
I know you are just a troll trying to trigger us, but everybody knows that neither CJH, nor most any other human being in existance, will ever descend to the depths of self-loathing miserable degree of sub-humanity of the 2 POS's that you named. God have mercy on your soul for invoking these malevolent spirits.

Edit: John Adams: Hold my beer.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
So we are #8, cool. Who is 1-7? Plenty of SEC teams I would venture to guess. Has to be better than 8. Must be top 3 every year for several years in a row if we want to be true title contenders. CJH does not have the ability (nor does anyone else) to coach up 3 and 4 stars and maybe one or two 5 stars over Saban’s army of 5 stars. I am rooting for CJH and have been since day one. He put us middle of pack in SEC in year 1, which is great. Better than where we were. But to be on top,
he must recruit as well as or better than Bama and UGA. #8 doesn’t meet that standard. Sorry

You know what would be really, really cool? A chart of every top 50 program and where they ended up in the recruiting standings the past 10 years. In (parenthesis) would be where the teams wound up in the final NCAAF (W/L) rankings at the end of the year.

Then, if I were to have this in my hand, I would read it once and start a fire with it, cuz it's not so much as the # of Stars next to a kids name as is what a coaching staff can do with the kids. Just sayin.....

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I know you are just a troll trying to trigger us, but everybody knows that neither CJH, nor most any other human being in existance, will ever descend to the depths of self-loathing miserable degree of sub-humanity of the 2 POS's that you named. God have mercy on your soul for invoking these malevolent spirits.

Edit: John Adams: Hold my beer.

I am a life long Tennessee fan since Majors was coaching and before i walk.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Then, if I were to have this in my hand, I would read it once and start a fire with it, cuz it's not so much as the # of Stars next to a kids name as is what a coaching staff can do with the kids. Just sayin.....[/QUOTE]

Every No. 1 recruiting class between 2011 and 2020 has played for a national championship,

TN fans need to rethink this line of thinking. Getting the instate guys is not very important. You recruit the best you can from wherever you can. The 2023 instate class isn’t very strong at all.

Maybe not, but 2024 and beyond might be. I think it's valuable to build the relationships in state so we can keep our top talent at home instead of other schools coming in and cherry picking our state.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
So we are #8, cool. Who is 1-7? Plenty of SEC teams I would venture to guess. Has to be better than 8. Must be top 3 every year for several years in a row if we want to be true title contenders. CJH does not have the ability (nor does anyone else) to coach up 3 and 4 stars and maybe one or two 5 stars over Saban’s army of 5 stars. I am rooting for CJH and have been since day one. He put us middle of pack in SEC in year 1, which is great. Better than where we were. But to be on top,
he must recruit as well as or better than Bama and UGA. #8 doesn’t meet that standard. Sorry
Clemson says otherwise. They didn’t have a top 6 class under Dabo until after they had won a title, maybe even 2.

Then, if I were to have this in my hand, I would read it once and start a fire with it, cuz it's not so much as the # of Stars next to a kids name as is what a coaching staff can do with the kids. Just sayin.....

Every No. 1 recruiting class between 2011 and 2020 has played for a national championship,[/QUOTE]
I think that’s slightly tainted by Bama. Just slightly. They’re an anomaly all the way around.

VN Store

Back