Josh Dobbs to Justin Hunter

Touchdown...Josh Dobbs! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I was growing restless about his future fortunes with the Steelers, then he...well...he did what Josh Dobbs does. Excellent vision and movement on that scramble and long throw, getting his guy to the two. Then!!!!! Gotta' go. Wifey's yellin' at me for yellin! 'Night y'all.

Reactions: 1 person
Dobbs always had a nice deep ball. If he could develop consistency in the short to intermediate he could stick in the league.

No he didnt ALWAYS have a nice deep ball. He made great strides to improve the deep ball last year and it worked.

I am very happy for Dobbs and Hunter. That was a nice throw.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Sutton. The guy has been injured most of training camp. Played pretty well last week in his first preseason appearance after being hurt for a big part of camp, then hurt (reinjured?) his hamstring fairly early in tonight's game. Might be put on injured reserve, depending on severity of injury. Pittsburgh just got cornerback Joe Haden from Cleveland, too.

But Dobbs just doesn't have the arm strength to be in the NFL...

He has the arm strength, not the accuracy CONSISTENTLY. Every once in a while he makes a throw that makes you go....wow. But then theres those head scratchers in between those the kill him. Its either too high, in the dirt, or to the wrong team.

Reactions: 2 people
He has the arm strength, not the accuracy CONSISTENTLY. Every once in a while he makes a throw that makes you go....wow. But then theres those head scratchers in between those the kill him. Its either too high, in the dirt, or to the wrong team.

I don't disagree about his consistency, especially in decision making (OT against OU / TA&M come to mind), but there were a fair number of people bemoaning his "lack of a deep ball" leading up to the NFL draft, and those people can suck it.

It was awesome to watch him jump into an NFL end zone, love me some Dobbs.

GBO!

As long as they're not playing the Titans.

Hey, if they make some plays against the Packers, more power to them. They will just go head on with them, and may the best team win.

Glad my team doesn't depend on other teams sucking so they can win. That's why not everyone has Lombardi trophies.

Hey, if they make some plays against the Packers, more power to them. They will just go head on with them, and may the best team win.

Glad my team doesn't depend on other teams sucking so they can win. That's why not everyone has Lombardi trophies.

Go VOLS & Packers! Steelers have a few UT players, so they could become my #2 nfl team. :hi:

Josh Dobbs being Josh Dobbs. The big difference is his focus is not split between ball and school. He'll be great.

Dobbs' late TD run lifts Steelers over Panthers 17-14
Rookie Joshua Dobbs threw for one touchdown and ran for the winning score and the Pittsburgh Steelers defeated the Carolina Panthers 17-14 in the preseason finale for both teams.

Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

Josh Dobbs punctuated an uneven but promising preseason with a game-winning, 1-yard rush. Steelers over Panthers, 17-14. Dobbs struggled at times throwing over the middle of on shorter routes, but he throws a nice deep ball and showed accuracy on intermediate routes down the sideline.

It doesn't matter to me who's sucking. Titans are gonna win the division anyway and be playoff ready.

He was incredible.

Really good game all around.

Dude, "Incredible"? ....Listen, nobody wants Dobbs to do well more than I do and I'm a Steeler fan but I was at the game. Dobbs had a decent game but made a couple of the worst throws a QB could make and 2 were drive killers on 3rd down. One was 3 feet over the TE's head from only about 5 yards and the other was in the dirt from about 10 yards and both were wide open and would've kept the chains moving. Somebody has got to help him cure those duds because good NFL QBs make those tosses with their eyes closed. Incredible was that he didn't nail those.

Reactions: 2 people
Dude, "Incredible"? ....Listen, nobody wants Dobbs to do well more than I do and I'm a Steeler fan but I was at the game. Dobbs had a decent game but made a couple of the worst throws a QB could make and 2 were drive killers on 3rd down. One was 3 feet over the TE's head from only about 5 yards and the other was in the dirt from about 10 yards and both were wide open and would've kept the chains moving. Somebody has got to help him cure those duds because good NFL QBs make those tosses with their eyes closed. Incredible was that he didn't nail those.

Not to mention these guys are celebrating this in a preseason game against guys who mostly won't even make an NFL roster. Most of the people all excited about this must be ignorant about the fact the last preseason game is by far the least important; most starters barely play and it's used as a last chance for the players on the fringe. For many it will the last time they will take the field.

But not surprising at all the troll pumps it up after making excuses and ignoring first 3 games, and they guy claiming he knows so much about the NFL doesn't seem to get what the last preseason is for.

VN Store

Back