Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson are CLEARLY the 2 best QBs in the 2018 NFL Draft

Two separate observations. Let's slow walk you through them.

1. Whatever his surgery was it was not enough to make any kind of news. Not even a wiki page mention. This is most likely because

2. Nobody gave an ish because even if whatever that surgery was turned out to be career ending there was insufficient career to notice. From my post you quoted:

"The statement that he impressed nobody while healthy still stands as that surgery took place after being waived twice and being signed off a practice team. Not exactly the tale of a rising star cut down by injury."

LOL @ wikipedia being the benchmark.

Once again you can dance around this issue all you want. The facts are the facts. Brad Kaaya had spine surgery in September 2018 and that's the last time we have heard of him. Lots of NFL players have their careers ended by injury and we don't hear a big deal made out of it in the media.

Once again you can dance around this issue all you want. The facts are the facts. Brad Kaaya had spine surgery in September 2018 and that's the last time we have heard of him. Lots of NFL players have their careers ended by injury and we don't hear a big deal made out of it in the media.

You sad doofus, using Wiki was specifically cited as a LOW bar to hurdle, or did the use of "Not even" throw you off. So how about you put up some of the what, to listen to you, must be 100's of stories citing the sad downfall of Kaaya's promising NFL career due to this surgery.

And you are going full Fred Astaire with the dancing around facts. BEFORE, as in prior to, this surgery the guy had fallen from being a 6th round pick to obscurity. Waived, waived again and picked up by Indy off a practice squad. It's simple, there is no reason for anyone to give him credit for being anything other than a failed pick by the league and by you as a "surefire franchise QB".

Remaining healthy’s part of the grade...as you cited against Deshaun Watson. Steve Emtman COULD HAVE BEEN one of the greatest DL in NFL history. Couldn’t stay healthy...so he wasn’t. Don’t see any prognosticators of his greatness trying to get credit using an excuse...cuz that would be stupid. 😎

Remaining healthy’s part of the grade...as you cited against Deshaun Watson. Steve Emtman COULD HAVE BEEN one of the greatest DL in NFL history. Couldn’t stay healthy...so he wasn’t. Don’t see any prognosticators of his greatness trying to get credit using an excuse...cuz that would be stupid. 😎

And even with this example Emtman had a HOF career compared to Kaaya. Hell, he made and active roster and played in actual games.

D4H is forced to argue outliers, maybes, and what if's and "just wait's" so often to try to support so many of his takes it's amazing. If he were a financial advisor he'd be selling the idea of lottery tickets as a sound investment strategy.

Reactions: butchna
You sad doofus, using Wiki was specifically cited as a LOW bar to hurdle, or did the use of "Not even" throw you off. So how about you put up some of the what, to listen to you, must be 100's of stories citing the sad downfall of Kaaya's promising NFL career due to this surgery.

And you are going full Fred Astaire with the dancing around facts. BEFORE, as in prior to, this surgery the guy had fallen from being a 6th round pick to obscurity. Waived, waived again and picked up by Indy off a practice squad. It's simple, there is no reason for anyone to give him credit for being anything other than a failed pick by the league and by you as a "surefire franchise QB".

You just answered your own question. Nobody wrote about his career being ended by injury cause he was a 6th round pick who was waived multiple times.

And once again, just because he was a low round pick or waived multiple times doesn't mean he couldn't have had a good career eventually. I don't need to post that link again of all the Hall of Famers who were cut before making it big.

You can get emotional all you want with the name calling. All it does is show you lack the ability to engage in civil discourse.

Agreed.

If our emotional friend @hndog609 had just said this I would have simply said he is right. But instead he decided to question the validity of Kaaya's injury. Because to him injuries are a legitimate excuse. So rather than simply saying injuries are part of the calculus when it comes to every prospect, he decided to engage in this tit for tat on exactly how devastating Kaaya's spinal surgery was.

You just answered your own question. Nobody wrote about his career being ended by injury cause he was a 6th round pick who was waived multiple times.

And once again, just because he was a low round pick or waived multiple times doesn't mean he couldn't have had a good career eventually. I don't need to post that link again of all the Hall of Famers who were cut before making it big.

You can get emotional all you want with the name calling. All it does is show you lack the ability to engage in civil discourse.

What a fantastic display of trollish obfuscation. (Note that's almost a sort of compliment, being good at trollish behavior is still being good at something) The "sad doofus" was thrown at you for the obvious (OBVIOUS) attempt at deflection via attack at citing wiki despite that citing being unambiguously used as the low bar starting point. A nice segue to more obfuscation by getting to play a bit of offended victim. Devoid of any intellectual honesty regarding the actual discussion of course but a nice touch if avoidance is the purpose.

Here's the genuine bottom line for this and it's nothing new to you at all as your posting history is awash with the tactic. You don't get to take a win off anything that hasn't occurred. Here is the cut down to the bedrock facts regarding Kaaya.

D4H: Brad Kaaya- surefire franchise QB

Reality: waived twice and kicking around on a practice squad before (BEFORE) being picked up by the Colts and having back surgery. Actually was acquired by the Bengals after surgery (so healthy enough to try to make a team) but released by them as well, making them no different than any NFL team pre-surgery.

D4H: I claim being right because NFL unicorns exist and I invoke their magical powers of prediction protection regardless of how contradictory to demonstrable reality those predictions may be.

This last bit is common enough with you to be a cliche and extends far beyond just Kaaya. Kaaya is fair game to be cited as another wiff by you to be brought up by anyone so inclined.

Last edited:
Reactions: BearCat204
Once again. I never said Dobbs situation was similar to them. I simply cited the ages to show he still has plenty of time in the NFL to have a legendary career. Its not like he's a RB whose best years would have already passed him up. If this was Kamara and I was still touting him as a future Hall of Famer despite not playing his first 4 years, you would have a point. Alvin would be significantly behind the 8-ball given the nature of the RB position. However, as a QB, Dobbs has plenty of time.

For the final time I am not saying his career arc is the same as those other QBs. Just that he still has time on his side.

Then your "point" is completely meaningless and can be said about any 25 year old backup in the NFL right now.

Then your "point" is completely meaningless and can be said about any 25 year old backup in the NFL right now.

True it can be said for any backup. I am talking specifically about Dobbs because I believe he has special talent. Its called talent evaluation. We'll see if I am right. This point about his age was simply to tell you that time is still on my side.

Kaaya is fair game to be cited as another wiff by you to be brought up by anyone so inclined.

That's fair. However, its also fair for me to bring up the fact he had spinal surgery and hasn't played football since. You can say injuries are part of the game. What you can't do is pretend like this didn't happen because it wasn't on his wiki page despite being reported by other sources.

You decided to challenge the validity of his injury because you implictly know missing on a guy because of injury is different than missing on him cause he wasn't good enough. You are fighting with me on the injury point because you want me to miss on guys based on their lack of talent for the game rather than the technicality of injuries.

Too bad for you Kaaya had a serious back injury that caused him to have spinal surgery and he hasn't been seen or heard from ever since.

That's fair. However, its also fair for me to bring up the fact he had spinal surgery and hasn't played football since. You can say injuries are part of the game. What you can't do is pretend like this didn't happen because it wasn't on his wiki page despite being reported by other sources.

You decided to challenge the validity of his injury because you implictly know missing on a guy because of injury is different than missing on him cause he wasn't good enough. You are fighting with me on the injury point because you want me to miss on guys based on their lack of talent for the game rather than the technicality of injuries.

Too bad for you Kaaya had a serious back injury that caused him to have spinal surgery and he hasn't been seen or heard from ever since.
Or before that.

Exactly how many times does it need to be pointed out (and not just by me) that the issue isn't what happened after surgery but before. If Kaaya had done anything, ANYTHING, prior to surgery your attempts to transmogrify him into a story of lost promise could have garnered some traction. Instead you're left trying to sell us a meme image of Lloyd Christmas saying "there's a chance!" with a side of NFL unicorn examples.

Your boys from the OP have been doing right by you. Take that and write Kaaya off as a loss since every shred of actual, vettable, existing information supports that take.

Says the guy that's been banned multiple times.

Did he really get banned during this most recent hiatus? The "like" function was always available on his posts, and that always used to get disabled when someone was in timeout. Maybe that changed with the new site format.

Did he really get banned during this most recent hiatus? The "like" function was always available on his posts, and that always used to get disabled when someone was in timeout. Maybe that changed with the new site format.

He said he was; though I think he also said he didn't know how long it was.

Exactly how many times does it need to be pointed out (and not just by me) that the issue isn't what happened after surgery but before. If Kaaya had done anything, ANYTHING, prior to surgery your attempts to transmogrify him into a story of lost promise could have garnered some traction.

Kaaya was a 6th round pick who had just completed his rookie year before the spinal surgery in September 2018. Tom Brady also did nothing in his first 12 months in the NFL as a rookie 6th round pick to let anybody know he would end up as one of the greatest QBs in NFL history.

LOL @ trying to determine a NFL QBs career based on his rookie year in the NFL.

I thought I was permanently banned because the last time I was banned there was no end date cited. So I just stopped logging onto this site all together. A few months ago I just randomly logged on and saw I could actually post again. That's why I'm back. It wasn't a voluntary decision on my part to just ghost outta here for as long as I was gone.

Kaaya was a 6th round pick who had just completed his rookie year before the spinal surgery in September 2018. Tom Brady also did nothing in his first 12 months in the NFL as a rookie 6th round pick to let anybody know he would end up as one of the greatest QBs in NFL history.

LOL @ trying to determine a NFL QBs career based on his rookie year in the NFL.

If Kaaya had done anything, ANYTHING, prior to surgery your attempts to transmogrify him into a story of lost promise could have garnered some traction. Instead you're left trying to sell us a meme image of Lloyd Christmas saying "there's a chance!" with a side of NFL unicorn examples.

My God...you literally followed up an "LOL" by doing exactly what I just said.

VN Store

Back