Joseph Faifili

OWB

Never
Staff member
I just read where J.T Mapu's cousin is interested in Tennessee. Turns out that Faifili was hanging around talking to other players during a break at the U.S. Army All-American practice. Faifili ended up talking to Jacque McClendon and mentioned that loved Tennessee.

"We just got in a conversation," Faifili said Thursday. "He told me he was going to Tennessee. I told him how much I love Tennessee. He asked me, 'Are you interested?' "

Faifili's response was immediate. He was very interested so McClendon picked up the phone and called UT assistant Steve Caldwell.

He moved from Hawaii to Utah and then back to Hawaii again. Because of this movement, he might be in academic jeopardy. Tennessee is looking into his transcript.

If this pans out, we might have a 6-3, 298 pound ALL-AMERICAN defensive lineman heading to the University of Tennessee. Thanks Jacque!

As scientific as we try to make recruiting . . .

Army All Star Game
Tomorrow, 1pm Eastern, NBC

I have discovered that I will watch any football that is Live.

yes, even NFL Europe!

(orange+white=heaven @ Jan 6 said:
I have discovered that I will watch any football that is Live.

yes, even NFL Europe!

You, my friend, have a problem. Next thing you know, you will be paying attention to that Gray Cup thing :cool:

(GAVol @ Jan 6 said:
As scientific as we try to make recruiting . . .

Let's see 5 star rivals recruit + magic dust= All American right?

(cotton @ Jan 7 said:
You, my friend, have a problem. Next thing you know, you will be paying attention to that Gray Cup thing :cool:
Good thing you didn't mistype Gray Cup.

Isnt Toe of Samoan decent? :biggrin2: Either way, those Guys come big and strong. I remember reading up on Albert once he moved to knox. Something about him moving in and busting the UT benchpress record before he unpacked was Amazing..
Didnt pan out as well as we'd like to have but....What strenght!

faifilis recruiting isnt over so dont give up. we never offered because we havent got his grades yet. if we offer and get a visit from him, we will land him. on the other hand, if we offer him and dont get a visit, its prolly 65/35 that he goes to utah. we might not offer him, but, if we do, i like our chances.

(hvwarrior58 @ Jan 8 said:
faifilis recruiting isnt over so dont give up. we never offered because we havent got his grades yet. if we offer and get a visit from him, we will land him. on the other hand, if we offer him and dont get a visit, its prolly 65/35 that he goes to utah. we might not offer him, but, if we do, i like our chances.

I still think there are some "steals" in the works. No one is committed until the sign on the dotted line. Even then things are not definite. Ask Portis and Meyer.

VN Store

Back