Jose Cansecos Book

Do you believe Jose Cansecos' allegations?

• Total voters

GAVol

Overrated
Staff member
Obviously he needs the money and has a vendetta, but does that necessarily mean that he's lying about EVERYTHING?

Its painfully obvious that the "juicing" up of MLB players is running rampant, People believe what they WANT to believe (ask a bammer about UT). Most people, in thier heart of hearts know that this stuff is going on, but we as fans, don't want to believe it - let alone acknowledge it openly and publicly.

Do I believe Mark Mcguire took steroids? Heck yes. I'll bet he dipped his bat in it.... Same goes for Barry "it's all about me" Bonds. He admitted to using it - he just won't admit to KNOWING what was in that syringe that was stuck in his @$$. He may not ever be found guilty in a court of law, but in the court of public opinion he has been found guilty.

I think Canseco is a chump, but I also believe he's just telling it how it is.

ok jose is an idiot that cheated at baseball......but i believe him......TO AN EXTENT.....I do think the truth lies in the middle.....i believe it about McGwire, Giambi(duh), Pudge, and Juan........those boys come in to baseball and werent exactly the biggest guys int he world......yes you can get bigger but not in a year or 2 lol.....i believe him but i also take everything he says with a grain of salt considering he's got a record as tall as John Henderson :eek:lol: :dlol: :dlol:

he's a chump trying to sell books , but I believe there is truth to what he is saying, he's just trying to cash in all the hype surrounding all this and trying to deflect some of the guilt away from himself

I believe there is some truth to it, but how much remains to be seen. George Plaster had a good point on his show tonight. Maris' record stood for nearly 40 years, very few even came close, then all of a sudden it gets shattered twice in the same year, and several more times since then. All of this happens on the heels of a nasty strike that cancelled the WS and drove away the fans. Baseball needed something to bring them back, what better than a record setting home run chase.

The part I'm most interested in though is Canseco's allegation that the then owner of the Texas Rangers, none other than President Bush, knew what was going on. I'll be very interested to see if there's any truth to that one, and also to see how the talking heads on both the left and the right try to spin it.

I don't think the Bush thing will go anywhere. It's pretty obvious that there were a lot of guys that suddenly got big and put up big numbers and a lot of people are guilty of looking the other way. But there was no way to verify anything since baseball didn't even test for steroids.

VN Store

Back