Jordan McRae

bham_orange

Play like champions!
Why isn't he playing? The few minutes I have seen him play, he has shown great athletisism, and I have been impressed. Do you suppose Pearl is not playing him singnificantly until this investigation is over? Do you think in Pearl's mind if McRae is not much of a contributor the NCAA will not be as hard on him?

No clue on Pearl's thoughts. But in the scrimmage I saw before the Bammer game he was clearly the best player on that floor that day. however it could be he has gotten in the doghouse for one reason or another...

He has talent. He is very skinny. I think he will redshirt and put on weight. Remember JP could have used a redshirt his freshmen year at AZ. We are playing 11 in our rotation right now. How number 0 is better than him, i do not know!
But I will trust Pearl and hope for the best.

Maybe Pearl is going to redshirt him because He will need his good play for the next 4 years about of the NCAA Sactions. I hope not!!!!:eek:hmy::eek:hmy::eek:hmy:

I haven't payed attention to his defense but his shooting and shot selection have been poor imo in the games I observed. This may simply be a function of being a freshman, nervousness, etc. but both games I saw him in his shooting was suspect. When I say shooting I am referring to outside shooting.

Struggling,had a starting spot and swipper boy took it from him. Exceptional player and by the end of the season he will prove to be one of the more exciting players to don the orange in quite awhile!!!!

He has talent. He is very skinny. I think he will redshirt and put on weight. Remember JP could have used a redshirt his freshmen year at AZ. We are playing 11 in our rotation right now. How number 0 is better than him, i do not know!
But I will trust Pearl and hope for the best.

Maybe Pearl is going to redshirt him because He will need his good play for the next 4 years about of the NCAA Sactions. I hope not!!!!:eek:hmy::eek:hmy::eek:hmy:

I don't know that Renaldo is any better, I just think it has more to do with the experience than anything else. Woolridge is capable of some good things, but I think Pearl would rather have a sub that has the experience, and save McRae for a later time. JMHO.

Jordan is playing like a freshman. He will definitely be a great player for UT, hopefully this year, maybe next. But he is more of a liability both on offense and defense than Woolridge at this point.

Jordan is playing like a freshman. He will definitely be a great player for UT, hopefully this year, maybe next. But he is more of a liability both on offense and defense than Woolridge at this point.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now...woolridge is horrible. I think it has more to do with bruce's situation and mcrae's eligibility questions earlier in the year.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think Jordan will have his chance to prove to the coaches that he deserves playing time immediately after the NIT tournament. McRae was a top 40-50 recruit with big expectations, and I guarantee he did not come here to redshirt. He is not mentally ready to play in this tournament and I think Pearl is going to give him a shot against MTSU, USC and Charlotte. Woolridge has proven that he is not a capable backup from the offensive side of the ball, but his D is better than McRae. McRae is more than competent on the offensive side of the floor, he led the team in scoring during the summer workouts, or whatever practice games they played in. Wait until the tournament is over, then McRae will have his chance to step up this year.

McRae has played in three games; he cannot redshirt. The only way he could get this season back would be to receive a medical hardship waiver.

I think he'll emerge as a contributor about midway through the season.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back