Jordan Horston

How about we generalize the discussion beyond one player. As a position, PG need to step it on up. It's not just JH, all have shot miserably all season and have been turnover prone. This is not a secret. They've also found lots of other ways to contribute for sure. They've played well at times, but never consistently, especially on offense. That's the next step, hopefully within my lifetime.

The Posts, surprisingly to me, have actually stepped up their game and its been a big reason for our recent success. Now we need the PGs, whoever and in whatever combination, to do the same. Hit some gosh dang shots.

I thought one of Kellie's best things today was how she handled the PG subbing. Girlfriend knows this position, knows the psychology of it. It is arguable she should have pulled Jordan when she started melting down late. Maybe Kellie learned from Geno leaving poor lil Paige in on her gimpy ankle. Toughen up buttercup, right? Not bailing you out.

Ya'll, I swear with the posts playing well and Rae and Re rockin, we're a few more 3s and a few less turnovers away from an actual fun tournament season. Let it Be.

Coach, can you explain to me what the other players are doing while you have released the unbridled player? I understand that you market yourself as a skills coach and have a number of self identified drills to develop young players. But this quote about 'releasing' a player only brings home a quote from one of your favorite coaches who said, "Skill coaches can teach you a lot of things. But there is one thing a skill coach can never teach and that is how to win." You just proved his point.

If a coach ever said that, "HE" would not be one of my favorites

If a coach ever said that, "HE" would not be one of my favorites
in the subtilties of the English language that is knows as a facetious 'FAVORITE'. The coach is one of your most hated and he knows a thing or two about winning. So like the old E.F. Hutton commercial, when 'HE' speaks ... listen.

in the subtilties of the English language that is knows as a facetious 'FAVORITE'. The coach is one of your most hated and he knows a thing or two about winning. So like the old E.F. Hutton commercial, when 'HE' speaks ... listen.
I've been a Google search on this quote and it doesn't bring anything up. If it is Geno it should bring it up

I've been a Google search on this quote and it doesn't bring anything up. If it is Geno it should bring it up
I know you think Geno is a god (lower case) but not everything He says is quoted on the internet. It was in a press conference before Paige and Azzi signed when a reporter asked about all the videos of the girls working out. That was his response. But you must confess that working on skills there is no game competition. And learning how to win is a key component of growth. On this forum when others were concerned about all the close losses of last year, I posted then that KJH would teach them how to win and when they learned that then there would be a great improvement in their record. You are seeing this play out. Skills can't teach that; only learning how to assert your will upon the opposition in tough games can do that. But then again you've said you never played the game so I don't expect you to understand.

Reactions: ChattyVolfan
So Jordan's affinity for the yellow signs, what is that? I believe I've seen her carry those around before. Is it "be cautious bc we're dangerous"? Whatever it is, I love it and I appreciate JH for it.

Whatever my criticism of her game, JH seems like a great teammate and a very dedicated and enthusiastic Lady Vol. She's an outgoing, emotional kid who could be a great leader. She likes to hoist symbolic wet floor signs and loves to slap her teammates upside the head over good plays, concussion protocols notwithstanding. What's not to love.

Sometimes her emotional nature gets the better of her on the floor and a big part of her growth will be learning to manage that without snuffing it out. Good challenge for KJH, good thing she's a PG for Life.

Also I want to say that JH does have wonderful court vision and can drop the dime on passes. Sometimes. So she will always have a decent number of assists. When those 7 assists can happen without an accompanying 3 or 4 t.o.s then she'll really be in biz. I believe she will get there.

Also I want to say that JH does have wonderful court vision and can drop the dime on passes. Sometimes. So she will always have a decent number of assists. When those 7 assists can happen without an accompanying 3 or 4 t.o.s then she'll really be in biz. I believe she will get there.

At least at least 2 of those TOs came in garbage time with the game already decided because she was trying to be cute. She needs to cut that out, but otherwise her floor management yesterday was pretty good.

VN Store

Back