Jonathan "Tebow" Crompton

KSVOL

Big Orange Ambassador-KS
Did you notice they put in Crompton to run the ball when it was 3rd and three from Marshall's 16. The play was whistled dead because of illegal procedure. Then it was 3rd and eight and they took him back out. I thought it was interesting since that was exactly the way Florida was using Tebow. This was all before Crompton came in later for mop-up duty.

It never occured to us to do that until we saw the Gators do it.

They did that same thing with Crompton against California, he picked up afirst down and goal by running over a Cal DB.

Crompton may not be Tebow, but he is a good QB in his own right.

They did that same thing with Crompton against California, he picked up afirst down and goal by running over a Cal DB.

I'll certainly agree with that. He's just a good bit larger than Tebow, and not nearly as quick. I like Jonathan.

Jonathan is better than Tebow. Just mark my words. Crompton is a Volunteer at heart, and at the end of his career - no one will be questioning 'what if' we had Tebow. I'd take Crompton over Tebow, Mustain, Clausen - ANYDAY. Jonathan is a leader, and is the perfect guy to wear the orange jersey.

Jonathan is better than Tebow. Just mark my words. Crompton is a Volunteer at heart, and at the end of his career - no one will be questioning 'what if' we had Tebow. I'd take Crompton over Tebow, Mustain, Clausen - ANYDAY. Jonathan is a leader, and is the perfect guy to wear the orange jersey.
Welcome aboard. Like your positive attitude. In case you haven't noticed some of us have gotten old and and a little cynical.:salute:

I really wish we'd use him more, like UF is Tebow. Until the UF game, I hadn't thought of solving the problem of backup inexperience by designing special plays for special situations around him. Meyer may be a jerk, but he's definitely come up with a tremendous idea. While Ainge is only a Jr. to Leak's Sr., it would still be a great idea to get him as much real game time as possible, and JC is such a big talented lug, I'm betting y'all're right that he could pull it off better than Tebow....

I really wish we'd use him more, like UF is Tebow. Until the UF game, I hadn't thought of solving the problem of backup inexperience by designing special plays for special situations around him. Meyer may be a jerk, but he's definitely come up with a tremendous idea. While Ainge is only a Jr. to Leak's Sr., it would still be a great idea to get him as much real game time as possible, and JC is such a big talented lug, I'm betting y'all're right that he could pull it off better than Tebow....
I think right now they want to show EA that he is the man and the only man in order to restore his confidence. But I suspect later against UGA, Bama, LSU we will see special plays with JC in the game. Maybe the option, especially with Coker in the backfield, as he has the speed to get outside the defensive ends.

I know we're worried about EA's confidence- and ought to be after the way the QBs were messed with last year. Still, it seems like if they really were just specialty plays, and presented just as ways of screwing with opposing teams, there'd be no reason for EA's role or confidence to be undermined.

Of course, it would all depend on how it was done and CPF's psych skills, though, so........

I know we're worried about EA's confidence- and ought to be after the way the QBs were messed with last year. Still, it seems like if they really were just specialty plays, and presented just as ways of screwing with opposing teams, there'd be no reason for EA's role or confidence to be undermined.

Of course, it would all depend on how it was done and CPF's psych skills, though, so........
I'd agree with that... I believe Ainge would realize it's just a specialized play and that he wouldn't be bothered. I believe.

VN Store

Back