Johnny Majors Passed Away

I think Majors tried to hang on just a little longer than Dye.So he could say that he won
😁

Or tie! Coach Majors would never apologize for a tie.

There are some classic Johnny Majors shows. The 1979 win over Notre Dame and the stick! And I loved him coaching through the highlights, "Get your hands up Jimmy Noonan! You're a 5 year man!"

RIP Coach Majors!

During the Vol Walk before the South Carolina game in 2013, I noticed that I was standing just a few feet away from Johnny Majors. He was just blending in like any other fan. It's a very sad day.

Reactions: qb19 and TC 83

There are some classic Johnny Majors shows. The 1979 win over Notre Dame and the stick! And I loved him coaching through the highlights, "Get your hands up Jimmy Noonan! You're a 5 year man!"

RIP Coach Majors!
He was wired tight for sure

RIP Coach Majors!
Yeah, and that used to drive me crazy too, especially with Chuck Webb in the backfield vs Colorado in 1990... but that is for another day. Johnny embodied UT football more than anyone outside of Neyland himself.

I'm a little surprised that Fulmer hasn't released a statement yet. He is probably trying to choose his words very carefully. He should put out something soon.

Unfortunately the news of Johnny's passing is true. My dad, Johnny, and Larry Majors talked quite often. My dad passed this past October. Johnny will be missed by family and friends. Prayers lifted for his family. He gave alot to the Vols.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Condolences to Coach Majors family! Through his years in college football he touched many lives, also made the lives of many players better after football. RIP Coach Majors.

VFL...GBO

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Hornung was obviously a great player but a guy on a 2 win team with a 3:13 TD/INT ratio has no business winning the Heisman. Brown was obviously best pro player from that group but based on how the Heisman has always been given out, it should have gone to Majors or to a slightly lesser degree, MacDonald.
MacDonald and Tubbs' votes were split which cost them both although I would agree that MacDonald was probably more deserving. That '56 team was part of the Sooner 47 game winning streak.

MacDonald and Tubbs' votes were split which cost them both although I would agree that MacDonald was probably more deserving. That '56 team was part of the Sooner 47 game winning streak.
Jim Brown deserved the Heisman Trophy in 1956 he had 1042 yards from scrimmage and 14 touchdowns in 8 regular season games at Syracuse. Syracuse went 7-1 in the regular season in 1956 losing to 6-3-1 TCU 28-27 in the Cotton Bowl in which he ran for 200+ yards.

Reactions: qb19 and TC 83

VN Store

Back