Jog The Memories

OrangeByBirth

Old time Vol
When Helton was announced as the WKU coach, both Pruitt and Fulmer said there would not be a rush to hire a new OC. As of today that was LESS THAN 2 weeks ago!

Since that time, some names have surfaced. Some meetings/interviews were held. There may be some potential offers that were discussed but I nor anyone posting to this forum knows for sure.

In the meantime, the current staff continues the real task of rebuilding the roster. Much was made of the Harrison Bailey/Hugh Feeze connection. Does anyone expect to see Bailey at QB for Liberty? Other big recruiting wins are happening. Without talent, no OC in the country would be able to bring the success I want.

Perhaps the real target is in the NFL. Their season continues and it isn't likely that a announcement would come until the end of the season. The real target might be involved in a bowl or even playoff scenario. Give it a chance to play out before announcing that the sky is falling.

Take a breath and use it to yell, "GO BIG ORANGE!"

When Helton was announced as the WKU coach, both Pruitt and Fulmer said there would not be a rush to hire a new OC. As of today that was LESS THAN 2 weeks ago!

Since that time, some names have surfaced. Some meetings/interviews were held. There may be some potential offers that were discussed but I nor anyone posting to this forum knows for sure.

In the meantime, the current staff continues the real task of rebuilding the roster. Much was made of the Harrison Bailey/Hugh Feeze connection. Does anyone expect to see Bailey at QB for Liberty? Other big recruiting wins are happening. Without talent, no OC in the country would be able to bring the success I want.

Perhaps the real target is in the NFL. Their season continues and it isn't likely that a announcement would come until the end of the season. The real target might be involved in a bowl or even playoff scenario. Give it a chance to play out before announcing that the sky is falling.

Oh NO! Someone has unleashed the logic beast on this site. The carnage will be brutal :eek:

Truthfully, excellent post.

The timeframe does not bother me if we get the right person. What does bother me is not closing the deal with the first candidate (or even the second).

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Oh NO! Someone has unleashed the logic beast on this site. The carnage will be brutal :eek:

Truthfully, excellent post.
That was absolutely my first thought toošŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. Itā€™s starting to remind me of a ice cream social where gossip is rampant and no amount of truth and logic will stop the character assasinations. By the way for those claiming the board stopped a hiring of Freeze or anybody else I just now finished a long conversation with the father of one board member. He laughed so hard and long when I was telling him all the accusations going on about the board. His comment...ā€I wonder what the collective IQ of those people would be?ā€

Reactions: feathersax
That was absolutely my first thought toošŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. Itā€™s starting to remind me of a ice cream social where gossip is rampant and no amount of truth and logic will stop the character assasinations. By the way for those claiming the board stopped a hiring of Freeze or anybody else I just now finished a long conversation with the father of one board member. He laughed so hard and long when I was telling him all the accusations going on about the board. His comment...ā€I wonder what the collective IQ of those people would be?ā€
a certain segment wouldn't register.

When Pruitt announces who our new OC is, that is when I'll believe it.

Until then it's all guesses, speculation and rumors.

None of us has any say in what's going to happen so all we can really do is hope and pray that we get a really good OC that's also a excellent recruiter.

Reel him in soon Pruitt so you can get him busy recruiting.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: Samuellbronkowitz
What if the person we want is in the playoffs? Remember Satan kicked Kiffin to the curb when he took FAU. job

Then that person would have a decision, get to work recruiting for UT or stay at their current job.

Each time that we look at the best case scenario, it never turns out that way. I don't believe any NFL position coach would come to U.T. UNLESS they know that the entire coaching staff will be fired at the season's end. Such as the staff at Cincinnati.
Issue with that is that if we relay on an NFL position coach and he ends up NOT being relieved, then we wasted time.

Concerning a bowl eligible team, what coach with O.C. experience, will leave their current winning team, to come to U.T.????

I still expect for us to promote Friend OR hire a google search O.C. from North East Central Missouri State University. I don't see a successful, experienced O.C. coming here.

The timeframe does not bother me if we get the right person. What does bother me is not closing the deal with the first candidate (or even the second).
Was the 1st candidate Clay Helton? What deal would you have closed?

Their enthusiasm to hire an OC seems to be about on par with most fans enthusiasm towards the program nowadays.

I wish like many other Vols fans that Fulmer and Pruitt would go ahead and hire someone, but no sense in getting pissed off or panicking until it happens. It's something that we have no control over. I am focusing on other things like work and shopping for my family for the Holiday season, instead. It will happen when it happens.

Reactions: OrangeByBirth

You come at the king, you best not miss - Omar Little

VN Store

Back