Joe's 10 day trip to yankee land/Tiffany's surgery thread

They've determined it's a blockage, which though bad, it's better than the alternative of her kidney shutting down. They're flushing the tube tonight, and may try to remove the stints tomorrow. Hopefully they get everything going right, and she won't have to spend another week in the hospital. Gotta say my girls are troopers, middle brat drove them to Choir practice and church tonight, and have cleaned the house. I'm sure they're as worried and stressed as I am, but I'm trying to stay positive for them, and Tiffany.
You’re a trooper also, anything I can do for you guys. I mean it, not empty words on here, as I’m sure it would be for anyone here. It’s there.

They've got the tube working a little now. They're waiting on a consult from a Dr, gonna do her wound care, and she should get to come home. Blood is still really low, they're saying she's on the verge of having to be given blood. They thought they were gonna have to last week when her tubes were put in. Her blood has been going down for the past year, but really low now.

Reactions: ArdentVol

If you're ever feeling discouraged, give this a listen. It's been a help to me during all of this, and it's so true. Some days I feel like I can't go on, but he delivers me. Thankfully, even through Volnation, he's used you guys to help me, and I appreciate you all. The prayers, kind words, and listening when I rant.

Little update, they're putting a port in Friday. It'll be better for her than more picc lines, and they figure she'll need treatment again soon. The Dr in tennessee is talking with the drs here, and trying to figure a time for us to go there. He wants to try and remove the stints, and get a camera inside.

Little update, they're putting a port in Friday. It'll be better for her than more picc lines, and they figure she'll need treatment again soon. The Dr in tennessee is talking with the drs here, and trying to figure a time for us to go there. He wants to try and remove the stints, and get a camera inside.
Well is she feeling a little better than she did?

Insert "believe it or not": The department that's been ignorant a couple of times, that dr and the fentanyl, called her to go over the procedure for tomorrow. (The port). She said the first thing they said was they'd put her to sleep with fentanyl. How ignorant can they be? After the dr bragged about it, then them denying giving it to her, and even calling her several times to check on her eyes (they knew they did it), they call and tell her that? Of course she pitched a fit, and I told her to call the hospital administrator, and tell them if they give it to her again, that anesthesia Drs eyes would look worse than hers did!

* Lord forgive me, but good grief.

Insert "believe it or not": The department that's been ignorant a couple of times, that dr and the fentanyl, called her to go over the procedure for tomorrow. (The port). She said the first thing they said was they'd put her to sleep with fentanyl. How ignorant can they be? After the dr bragged about it, then them denying giving it to her, and even calling her several times to check on her eyes (they knew they did it), they call and tell her that? Of course she pitched a fit, and I told her to call the hospital administrator, and tell them if they give it to her again, that anesthesia Drs eyes would look worse than hers did!

I typed this out the other day, and deleted it. But I'm gonna say it now.

I would print out that picture of her eye, make copies, and mail it to every department at that hospital. I would send it to the head of each department marked Personal and Confidential as well. And I would write on every one of them: I asked them not to give me fentanyl, and they did it anyway.

We should all call down there and ask the operator what the policy is for giving a patient medication they tell you they're allergic to.

While they were absolutely WRONG to administer Fentanyl, and to try to do it again, I don’t know that it’s clear that Fentanyl caused her surgical high blood pressure, which resulted in the bloodshot eyes. It definitely can, though

@joevol33, do you remember the exact nature of her original allergic reaction to Fentanyl, the one that got the adverse reaction added to her medical history? If it wasn’t temporary high blood pressure, then you might not want to argue that the anesthesiologist caused the eye issue.

Absolutely, if Fentanyl is listed as an allergy/ adverse reaction her chart, then he is completely wrong in using it. But unless HBP was her original reaction, you might weaken your case by tying the two (usage of Fentanyl + HBP/eye bleed.) Just a thought.

I typed this out the other day, and deleted it. But I'm gonna say it now.

I would print out that picture of her eye, make copies, and mail it to every department at that hospital. I would send it to the head of each department marked Personal and Confidential as well. And I would write on every one of them: I asked them not to give me fentanyl, and they did it anyway.
It would have been relevant then as now. The whole mess makes me so damn (sorry volly, that’s a lot milder than runs through my head) mad. I mean mad.

While they were absolutely WRONG to administer Fentanyl, and to try to do it again, I don’t know that it’s clear that Fentanyl caused her surgical high blood pressure, which resulted in the bloodshot eyes. It definitely can, though

@joevol33, do you remember the exact nature of her original allergic reaction to Fentanyl, the one that got the adverse reaction added to her medical history? If it wasn’t temporary high blood pressure, then you might not want to argue that the anesthesiologist caused the eye issue.

Absolutely, if Fentanyl is listed as an allergy/ adverse reaction her chart, then he is completely wrong in using it. But unless HBP was her original reaction, you might weaken your case by tying the two (usage of Fentanyl + HBP/eye bleed.) Just a thought.
You're right, and I'm not sure. All I know is the time they used it, and then told us to never again, when I got to go to her, she was really red, and broke out. It's been years. I'm not gonna call and say anything, except that it's in her chart, and they better not again.

You're right, and I'm not sure. All I know is the time they used it, and then told us to never again, when I got to go to her, she was really red, and broke out. It's been years. I'm not gonna call and say anything, except that it's in her chart, and they better not again.

Stand your ground on this, Joe. If it’s in her chart and they use it, that is absolutely wrong, as Exie says. I have never heard of such. That is the purpose of the chart. My wife has experienced allergic reactions to quinolones and hydrocodone. It is difficult to know if it’s a filler or compounding agent in the medication or the medication itself, but both of those were no-nos during her ordeal. I want to believe that no doctor ever considered giving either one to her. Like I said, stand your ground, man.

VN Store

Back