“But I got to stop wishin', got to go fishin' Down to rock bottom again Just a few friends, just a few friends” (pictures)

No pictures from today but I went out in the same creek and did pretty well again with the trout. 7 keepers and would have been 8 but lost the biggest one at the boat (as always). I was about to steer myself into the grass and he was barely hooked. Can't seem to lock down the reds still though, I'm guessing they're out in deeper water in the river right now. Only caught a couple rats on shrimp and cut mullet.

Probably not too many more weekends where the trout fishing will be this good in the shallow creeks for a while in my area. Once it warms up a little more they'll be few and far between until the fall. Might have to take a couple days off work to fill up the freezer while I can.
We didn't have a lot of luck with the reds. Guide told me it'd be a few more weeks before they really got going over where we were. I'm going to try to go back later, want some reds, and want to catch a snook. He said they get going in summer and fall in that area.

We didn't have a lot of luck with the reds. Guide told me it'd be a few more weeks before they really got going over where we were. I'm going to try to go back later, want some reds, and want to catch a snook. He said they get going in summer and fall in that area.
That’s called “fishin “
Makes you know next will be better

Went down to st. Augustine Sunday to try some surf fishing. Haven't been going as much the past few months because it's been real poor.. or I've lost my touch

It's safe to say I didn't find my touch and simply had to endure a beautiful day of relaxing. It was the type of trip where you tell you friends you were "just out scouting not really fishing" right joe?

1000001687.jpg

"I enjoyed my time outside" is fisherman lingo for "I didn't catch ****"

Went down to st. Augustine Sunday to try some surf fishing. Haven't been going as much the past few months because it's been real poor.. or I've lost my touch

It's safe to say I didn't find my touch and simply had to endure a beautiful day of relaxing. It was the type of trip where you tell you friends you were "just out scouting not really fishing" right joe?

View attachment 634936

Nice fish you didn’t catch

View attachment 634936

Better than nothing!!

VN Store

Back