Joe Milton coming to UT? (transfer from Mich)

I don't think you can say that at this point. He hasn't played much and has probably only scratched the surface of his potential.

But... he's probably the 3rd best arm in the room now and the slowest runner by far. That coupled with hints coming out of camp suggest he may be getting buried.
So what is the deal on Baily, why are you guys claiming him to be a bust already?

He has talent but he's also a project. None of his videos show the arm strength he needs. His best plays were when the pocket broke. He has to prove he can run a system focused on other playmakers and not him.
Seeing that he needs to learn in life and on the football field makes me question if he will be smart enough to do it

I believe if Salters father was not near death he would have already been handed walking papers. Just not a good look at the time.

I don't know if this has legs or not but Milton is an Orlando kid and Heupel would've (should've) at least had contact at UCF.

I'm in "looking for confirmation" but hopeful mode.

milton is a very nice qb guys. he can play, and yeah, i seem to remember that he was recruited at ucf at one point. that's just from memory tho. i seem to remember a connection there.

Reactions: Volanta and ugg
So what is the deal on Baily, why are you guys claiming him to be a bust already?
I'm not. I am looking at 5 guys and noticing that one isn't like the others. So are you going to customize the O for 4 of the 5 or for 1 of the 5?

I don't think he's a bust after so little time. He needs more opportunity. He was recruited to run a different O in a different style of play. I just think this coupled with the hints and rumors that he's running 3rd now... may push him to make a decision.

Maurer and Milton both have better arms. All of the other 4 are better runners. If you want someone who is a very controlled game manager it appears that Hooker can give you that plus the ability to run. Unless Bailey's decision making is just that much better than the rest... he's not going to be competitive in this O against these QB's.

Reactions: savannahfan
I think it is the case that many expected Bailey to arrive and save us from JG. When that didn’t happen the disappointment led some people to turn on him.

Bailey did not show a lot in terms of mobility or downfield passing last year. But the team functioned more smoothly with him at QB.

As far as I am concerned all of the QBs deserve a fresh start with the new regime. And, it’s going to take more than a dozen practices to settle the issue.

he would be the best option at qb rn, if you don't count Dee Beck at wildcat.
He's another guy in the room to compete.

He's a good powerful runner but watch his "best" game vs Minnesota. He needs a LOT of work as a passer. Much of his yardage came on short throws that receivers turned into big plays. A lot of his completions were on single read plays.

Many have a problem with Maurer for throwing 5 picks (including Jennings' handoff vs Bama) in limited playing time. Milton has thrown 7 against 5 TD's.

The guy has a rocket arm. He did well on designed runs but not as much when the pocket breaks down. Another option but he doesn't arrive as the starter.

Bailey is better at trucking people then throwing the ball, so that's your issue.

Milton is very well liked, always smiling. a "tua type" player.

ok...so....I would consider Joe Milton a somewhat common name....are we sure this is Joe Milton the former Michigan QB or is it Joe Milton some kid from Erwin?

Also, why is this a thread to trash all of our QBs. A lot of teams wanted Hooker to transfer there, Bailey was actually good for a freshman, highly recruited and could have been really good if he was given the chance earlier in the season, Mauer ran this offense in high school and put up crazy numbers...I like all 3 QBs and think this is our best QB options in 10+ years.

My point is why trash all of our current QBs when they are learning a new offense. We have no idea how they will look by the fall camp, what I do know is we will no longer have an issue going to our backup if our starter gets injured and we will play the qb that he thinks is the best for his offense. They will need to put in the effort this summer and whichever QB does that and learns the plays will be the starter. I am not sure how people think that a transfer will come in, learn the plays quicker without spring ball, have WRs to work with on the team and be our starter in the fall.

Salter is 17 just turning 18, and everyone thinks he should be grown up, he has a lot to learn, but has a lot of upside. He isn't "gone", he has to go through the student council process now. How about lets see how that plays out before Volnation kicks him off the team.

I think it is the case that many expected Bailey to arrive and save us from JG. When that didn’t happen the disappointment led some people to turn on him.

Bailey did not show a lot in terms of mobility or downfield passing last year. But the team functioned more smoothly with him at QB.

As far as I am concerned all of the QBs deserve a fresh start with the new regime. And, it’s going to take more than a dozen practices to settle the issue.
But after The 15 spring practices, I think you only get like 18 in the fall. So, he is almost halfway through is practices with the new regime.

Reactions: sjt18
Based on what do people think Milton is going to be the starting QB. He has thrown 152 passes with 56% completion rate and 5 TDs / 6 picks.

Reactions: jarnol32

VN Store

Back