Joe Lunardi put Kansas ahead of us

I mean he technically still has us as a 1 seed, with what he said at the top of his last bracket update. He stated “Tennessee will reclaim a 1 seed over Kansas with a win on the road vs Florida.” It’s the same exact thing. If he still had us as a 1 seed in his bracket right now and we lose to Florida, we’d drop anyways. So just win, and you’re back on the 1 seed line. But it doesn’t really matter because Joe Lunardi isn’t all that accurate when it comes to seed lines, and February just started. Long ways to go.

Reactions: Lankykong
It has a lot less to do with our losses and a lot more to do with Kansas having 8 Q1 wins. A bunch of our Q1 opponents are at the end of the season, so I think we overtake them once we have "enough" Q1 wins.
I know of a specific Q1 loss that Kansas has

How in the world does this clown have Kansas over us with their big win tonight?

We beat Kansas head to head, just beat Texas and have one less loss. Also, Kansas went on like a 3 game losing streak
Loss to Colorado, Kentucky at home and Florida. We have been playing well, but #2 in the country? No way. We were just blown away by Kentucky at home. Florida game better be a wakeup call.

He was on ESPNU radio yesterday and he said Tennessee was the most vulnerable 1 seed. Of course he was right because that’s gone

Reactions: Frozevol
Not sure I see staying on the 2 line either, 3 or maybe a 4 seed seems more appropriate

I’m not ready to go that far yet. If you bounce back and win on Saturday, a 2-seed is still on the table. I don’t want to overreact about one game.

This is less about what seed we are and more just about my confidence in this team in March. Doesn’t matter if we’re a 1, 2, 3, or 4. From what I have seen so far this year, I’m just becoming my increasingly more skeptical that this team has the juice on offense to do anything special. Feels like another Round of 32 exit if this is the type of offense we’re going to get.

Hot. Cold. Scorching Hot. Frigid. Hot. Cold. Cold. On Fire. There is like almost no in between with this team.

Last edited:
I know of a specific Q1 loss that Kansas has
We didn't really lay a good claim on that 1 seed tonight, though. I think we have 8 more Quad 1 games, which should be more than enough to satisfy anybody who is concerned about that criterion.

Reactions: TennVols12
If people would take off the orange shades they would see that Lunardi was right.

UT may remain a 2 seed but in all probability will become a 3 seed when all is said and done. I am basing this on losing probably 3-4 more games before March.

I’m not ready to go that far yet. If you bounce back and win on Saturday, a 2-seed is still on the table. I don’t want to overreact about one game.

This is less about what seed we are and more just about my confidence in this team in March. Doesn’t matter if we’re a 1, 2, 3, or 4. From what I have seen so far this year, I’m just becoming my increasingly more skeptical that this team has the juice on offense to do anything special. Feels like another Round of 32 exit if this is the type of offense we’re going to get.

Hot. Cold. Scorching Hot. Frigid. Hot. Cold. Cold. On Fire. There is like almost no in between with this team.
If it were just one game I wouldn’t be concerned but unfortunately it more than one game. I agree with your skepticism in the tournament this team won’t last long, same as every other year under Barnes.

Reactions: Native Orange
Loss to Colorado, Kentucky at home and Florida. We have been playing well, but #2 in the country? No way. We were just blown away by Kentucky at home. Florida game better be a wakeup call.
We've had a few of those this season. Problem is that we keep hitting the snooze button and dozing back off.

If people would take off the orange shades they would see that Lunardi was right.

UT may remain a 2 seed but in all probability will become a 3 seed when all is said and done. I am basing this on losing probably 3-4 more games before March.
Yep. We've got a good record, but it's built on weaker competition for the most part. UF is no world beater, but there's a definite step up in competition to end the season. The question that haunts me is are we legit or a paper tiger? Are our numbers a product of our suspect schedule or is it a true reflection of our capabilities? The UF performance might just have been an off night or like water, we may be on the way to finding our own level. What blows my mind is how we don't have just one guy having a bad shooting night. When it happens, it's everyone going cold at the same time. It's all or nothing with our roster. Not sure I've ever seen a team so in sync like that before.

Reactions: orangemadam
How in the world does this clown have Kansas over us with their big win tonight?

We beat Kansas head to head, just beat Texas and have one less loss. Also, Kansas went on like a 3 game losing streak

These Lunardi projections are way too early and I don't focus on this until the different conference tournaments begin in late February/ early March.

VN Store

Back