Joe B. Hall passed away this morning.

Unlike Crapilari, Joe B. Hall was hard to despise in spite of his coaching the wrong team.
I used to dislike Calipari, too. I work with Mike Gotfried ministering to kids without fathers. Several years ago, Mike asked Calipari to host a banquet like Nick Saban does for us—funding our organization for months. Cal said he did not like to speak in public and asked how much Saban raised. He wrote Mike a check for that amount. Then he started a chapter in Lexington which Cal runs quietly by himself. He now has my utmost respect. Teamfocus.org.

I used to dislike Calipari, too. I work with Mike Gotfried ministering to kids without fathers. Several years ago, Mike asked Calipari to host a banquet like Nick Saban does for us—funding our organization for months. Cal said he did not like to speak in public and asked how much Saban raised. He wrote Mike a check for that amount. Then he started a chapter in Lexington which Cal runs quietly by himself. He now has my utmost respect. Teamfocus.org.
Wow. Fantastic share. 🙏 Thank you!

People forget he followed the basketball legend Adolph Rupp at the helm of the UK program, while Rupp maintained his office in Memorial Coliseum, kept his weekly TV show and had indicated a preference for Gale Catlett as his successor, with pressure for the renewal of the rivalry with Louisville expected after decades of no games and Hall did lose to Louisville at Stokely when their paths next crossed in a tournament regional. Not an easy way to make a living. Mears gave him fits and wore orange every game when Hall was wearing blue. Together they preserved the legacy of the rivalry that comes to life now from time to time.

People forget he followed the basketball legend Adolph Rupp at the helm of the UK program, while Rupp maintained his office in Memorial Coliseum, kept his weekly TV show and had indicated a preference for Gale Catlett as his successor, with pressure for the renewal of the rivalry with Louisville expected after decades of no games and Hall did lose to Louisville at Stokely when their paths next crossed in a tournament regional. Not an easy way to make a living. Mears gave him fits and wore orange every game when Hall was wearing blue. Together they preserved the legacy of the rivalry that comes to life now from time to time.

Gracious, classy man. In his late years, he developed a friendship with Denny Crum. Their radio show was an unlikely pairing.

Hall rode the bench at Kentucky in the 40s before transferring away. He will be missed.

Reactions: LibertyVol
Jmo, and nothing to do about him as a person, but with the talent he had he should have won more National championships. I’ll say the same about our Phil Fulmer in football.

Joe B. Hall,A very good coach-always with a rolled.up program in his hand.Kentucky fans,I am sorry for your loss.

Joe B. Hall,A very good coach-always with a rolled.up program in his hand.Kentucky fans,I am sorry for your loss.

I forgot to look. Cal said that he was going to hold a rolled up program today to show respect for Joe B. I was also hoping to see if Barnes was going to honor Penny with balled up fists at Bridgestone.

VN Store

Back